Breadbin C64 with bad ghosting in video output

Got an issue?
fuzzybad

Re: Breadbin C64 with bad ghosting in video output

Post by fuzzybad »

Making progress! I found that when I connect Chroma output to the 'Video' pin on A/V connector (pin 4), there is color available. Connecting Chroma to pin 6 does nothing, perhaps because this is a Rev A motherboard?

Additionally, I built a second interface board for the A/V mod with the exact same results. This makes me fairly confident that I'm building the mod correctly.

The really bad striping in this photo seems to be related to the VIC-II chip; I swapped with another VIC-II and the striping went away. Unfortunately I didn't take a pic of that one..

fuzzybad

Post by fuzzybad »

I should have checked the VIC-II chip earlier in this project. I replaced the VIC-II chip and the picture quality is much improved, as can be seen in this photo:

I also experimented with using a LumaFix device on this computer, it didn't help much. There is still some slight striping and checkerboard pattern, but I can live with it. These remaining minor video issues are not really noticeable in games.
onix_ultimate

Post by onix_ultimate »

fuzzybad, in your mod i see there is not any bridge, the bridges are indicated in the diagram, these are blue lines.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic