C64 Black screen ram test...?

Got an issue?
thierr4837

C64 Black screen ram test...?

Post by thierr4837 »

Hi all,
I have a C64 rev A (326298) with black screen so I've buyed a dead test cartridge (rev 781220) that given me 2 flash ..... Looking in the instruction manuel (downloaded) for the cartride, 2 flash give me that U24 is bad....So I desoldered the ram chip, soldered socket and put in a new ram chip... Turn on the C64 and have the same result... Black screen and with the cartridge 2 flash... I would have been happy if the result was more flashs to show that U24 is now ok and I have to replace other ram chips.... Any idea?
Thanks

Sorry for my bad English....

eslapion

Re: C64 Black screen ram test...?

Post by eslapion »

thierr4837 wrote:Hi all,
I have a C64 rev A (326298) with black screen so I've buyed a dead test cartridge (rev 781220) that given me 2 flash ..... Looking in the instruction manuel (downloaded) for the cartride, 2 flash give me that U24 is bad....So I desoldered the ram chip, soldered socket and put in a new ram chip... Turn on the C64 and have the same result... Black screen and with the cartridge 2 flash... I would have been happy if the result was more flashs to show that U24 is now ok and I have to replace other ram chips.... Any idea?
Thanks

Sorry for my bad English....
The real expert with old boards (326298 is the first mass produced C64 mainboard) is Ray Carlsen.

I suggest you get in touch with him.
Wealth, like happiness, is never attained directly. It comes as a by-product of providing a useful service. -Harland D. Sanders
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic