A new generation of PLA for the C64 is now available.

Moderator: eslapion

deric27

Re: A new generation of PLA for the C64 is now available.

Post by deric27 »

I have acquire a C64 which was in need of a lot of love! Replaced 2 memory chip, 1 multiplex and then I had to also replace the PLA. Since a used PLA goes for over $40 on eBay, I tried the PLAnkton which performs exactly like the real thing. I ran both the Dead and Test cartridges and you can't see any difference! Thanks eslapion for providing such a nice replacement at an affordable price.

eslapion

Post by eslapion »

deric27 wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 7:01 pm I have acquire a C64 which was in need of a lot of love! Replaced 2 memory chip, 1 multiplex and then I had to also replace the PLA. Since a used PLA goes for over $40 on eBay, I tried the PLAnkton which performs exactly like the real thing. I ran both the Dead and Test cartridges and you can't see any difference! Thanks eslapion for providing such a nice replacement at an affordable price.
I'm glad you like it!

Thanks for the positive word and a happy Commodoring day to you!
Wealth, like happiness, is never attained directly. It comes as a by-product of providing a useful service. -Harland D. Sanders
eslapion

Post by eslapion »

1700 units sold!
Wealth, like happiness, is never attained directly. It comes as a by-product of providing a useful service. -Harland D. Sanders
eslapion

Post by eslapion »

1800 units sold!
Gyro Gearloose

Post by Gyro Gearloose »

Pretty cool, so out of the 17 million or so C64s sold, at least 0.01% of them are still being used enough that their owners replaced a part in them!
The price one pays for pursuing any profession, or calling, is an intimate knowledge of its ugly side.
eslapion

Post by eslapion »

Gyro Gearloose wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:17 am Pretty cool, so out of the 17 million or so C64s sold, at least 0.01% of them are still being used enough that their owners replaced a part in them!
Gideon is said to have sold in excess of 4000 1541 Ultimate (I, II, II+ comprised) cartridges. So 0.03% of them are still used enough for people to spend in excess of 100 Euros to keep using them.
eslapion

Post by eslapion »

1900 units sold!
arkaxow

Post by arkaxow »

How do I order?
radron5809

Post by radron5809 »

I got mine off ebay, make sure it says PLAnkton and the seller is eslapion. You may be able to contact him direct and get one also.
eslapion

Post by eslapion »

radron5809 wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:39 pm I got mine off ebay, make sure it says PLAnkton and the seller is eslapion. You may be able to contact him direct and get one also.
You will pay less if you just send me a PM here!

eBay charges fees and I have to include these in the price tag there. No fees on Melon64!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic