Soldering kit for C64?

Disk drives, Monitors, SuperCPU etc.
yaztromo

Re: Soldering kit for C64?

Post by yaztromo »

Oh by the way this is the kit that I've ordered.

Last edited by yaztromo on Fri Aug 14, 2015 9:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

motrucker

Post by motrucker »

yaztromo wrote:Oh by the way this the kit that I've ordered.
I hate the colors, but it's a good station. It should serve you well for years. Now, start practicing ;)
C-64, C-128, and Amiga A2000 user
SkydivinGirl

Post by SkydivinGirl »

motrucker wrote:Am I right that you also use a weller station? I still use the second hand weller station I bought at a flea market. I have yet to get a setup for surface mount stuff though. It's a shame that people think they have spend large amounts of $$$$ for simple soldering.
I use one of the knock-off hot air/soldering units with digital controls. It works really well but the hot air has too much pressure even on the lowest setting. Even so, it works perfectly for everything I do.

Heather
motrucker

Post by motrucker »

SkydivinGirl wrote:
motrucker wrote:I use one of the knock-off hot air/soldering units with digital controls. It works really well but the hot air has too much pressure even on the lowest setting. Even so, it works perfectly for everything I do. Heather
I thought I had read, maybe on http://www.amibay.com . I still use one of these units:
http://www.mcmelectronics.com/product/W ... 2F01001135
only mine was bought used, and more than a few hours on it, but it still works fine. I would not trade it unless it was a real step up.
I should ad, this this unit is great for the beginner too. I only paid $25.00 at a flea market in this area. Anyone would be hard pressed to find a better deal, for a good quality station.
C-64, C-128, and Amiga A2000 user
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic