GandALF

Disk drives, Monitors, SuperCPU etc.
eslapion

Re: GandALF

Post by eslapion »

Gyro Gearloose wrote:I was the schmuck who got an earful from the customers on a daily basis.
Forgot about this one.

I vaguely remember you fooling around with their jurassic age computer system and having an amusing error message popping up on every CS people's screen.

Wealth, like happiness, is never attained directly. It comes as a by-product of providing a useful service. -Harland D. Sanders
Gyro Gearloose

Post by Gyro Gearloose »

Correct! It was an AS/400 and a bunch of PC workstations. By the incredible hacking skill of pressing ESC twice I got into a AS/400 menu of some kind and I was able to reboot any workstation and send broadcast messages. I thought this was all great fun. I remember there was one loudmouth there I didn't like, so in the middle of a customer call I'd reboot his workstation. LOL

Of course this had to end, I was told that what I did wasn't possible and I should stop doing it. How's that for corporate logic.
The price one pays for pursuing any profession, or calling, is an intimate knowledge of its ugly side.
eslapion

Post by eslapion »

Gyro Gearloose wrote:By the incredible hacking skill of pressing ESC twice I got into a AS/400 menu of some kind and I was able to reboot any workstation and send broadcast messages.
Wow! The acronym should stand for Unbelievably Poor Security...
I remember there was one loudmouth there I didn't like, so in the middle of a customer call I'd reboot his workstation. LOL
That must've been a thrilling experience for this guy! :lol:
Wealth, like happiness, is never attained directly. It comes as a by-product of providing a useful service. -Harland D. Sanders
eslapion

Post by eslapion »

Finally got the GandALF PCBs in Montreal!
Zippy Zapp

Post by Zippy Zapp »

Gyro Gearloose wrote:I thought this was all great fun. I remember there was one loudmouth there I didn't like, so in the middle of a customer call I'd reboot his workstation. LOL
LOL! That is funny. I have similar good memories of a sales team and a sales jerk that was always yelling at me for his errors... Needless to say he soon realized that the database was at my mercy as was him getting paid in full if his records were not entered correct...
Commodore - Changing the world 8 bits at a time.
eslapion

Post by eslapion »

Project EZ5S7Z dash zerowan is going along well.

Gate and Array Logic for Floppy is the actual name.

Have you figured it out by now?
Zippy Zapp

Post by Zippy Zapp »

GandALF?

Can you explain for us non-engineering types what this does?
Commodore - Changing the world 8 bits at a time.
eslapion

Post by eslapion »

There are 2 clues in my previous post...

Use them wisely.
Gyro Gearloose

Post by Gyro Gearloose »

eslapion wrote:Finally got the GandALF PCBs in Montreal!
Eh? What happened to "weeks"?
The price one pays for pursuing any profession, or calling, is an intimate knowledge of its ugly side.
Gyro Gearloose

Post by Gyro Gearloose »

You put it in a 1541 and it makes the drive behave like there's a disk in the drive so it makes all the noise and activity of a drive without needing media?

Damn it, tell us!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic