Forget Keyrah and The64Mini. Use your own C64 with this:

Disk drives, Monitors, SuperCPU etc.
K-rnivoro

Forget Keyrah and The64Mini. Use your own C64 with this:

Post by K-rnivoro »

Hi. I've been working on this project for about a year. Now is almost complete.

Basically, I've done two different project:
1. Having a Keyrah board alternative, so I used Arduino board and QMK Keyboard firmware.
2. Some 3D Design for putting a Raspberry Pi inside the C64 case IN A NON DESTRUCTIVE WAY so you can put back your original board.

I've built several options (With or without) w/o original joysticks, w/o RasPI, w/o RasPI Power Supply, RGB LED/Original LED, w/o layout change button, etc.
You can run RetroPie, or just plain VICE emulator, or even Combian.

I wanted to know how many people are interested in getting an old (and maybe broken) C64 and transform it to a mulit-game/multi-platform, so I would share the code and designs.

Baber64

Re: Forget Keyrah and The64Mini. Use your own C64 with this:

Post by Baber64 »

Impressive! It's good to see the homebrew approach going strong.
motrucker

Post by motrucker »

Baber64 wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:25 pm Impressive! It's good to see the homebrew approach going strong.
Maybe we have different definitions of homebrew, but all of that hardware looks like new, off the shelf hardware. I am not belittling this project, I just wouldn't use that terminology.
Personally I would rather get a Raspberry Pi to emulate a 1541, and thanks to some othr C= folks, that's a project I am about to bite into.
C-64, C-128, and Amiga A2000 user
DaVyper

Post by DaVyper »

what ever happened with this? no stl files, qmk wiring diagram, etc - been thinking of doing qmk but i'd like atleast a wiring diagram i know works, i got a free 64 with a fried mobo thanks to the guy not knowing they can have deadly psu.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic