Commodore w/Modern Monitor

Disk drives, Monitors, SuperCPU etc.
iced_nine

Commodore w/Modern Monitor

Post by iced_nine »

Want to attach my NTSC C64 to an NTSC older LCD VGA input monitor - how? Thanks in advance!

Commodore 64/Amiga 500 Enthusiast
metalfoot

Re: Commodore w/Modern Monitor

Post by metalfoot »

There are a number of different composite/S-Video to VGA signal converters. I have one called Video Game Jockey by Startech.com ... it does the trick.
motrucker

Post by motrucker »

metalfoot wrote:There are a number of different composite/S-Video to VGA signal converters. I have one called Video Game Jockey by Startech.com ... it does the trick.
I wasn't familiar with this particular interface, but I see it is still available from www.newegg.com for one re-seller.
http://www.newegg.com/product/product.a ... 6817707114
C-64, C-128, and Amiga A2000 user
motrucker

Post by motrucker »

I just found a New, in the box, and shrink wrapped, Viewsonic Nextvision N6 for just under $40.00 U$D. I realize this box is a bit dated, but for that price I think I'll bite, unless some one has a better suggestion. What do you all think?
eslapion

Post by eslapion »

motrucker wrote:I just found a New, in the box, and shrink wrapped, Viewsonic Nextvision N6 for just under $40.00 U$D. I realize this box is a bit dated, but for that price I think I'll bite, unless some one has a better suggestion. What do you all think?
This is exactly what I use and I think its just plain fantastic.

The conversion quality is unrivaled.

Just don't lose the remote or else it will be a total pain to configure the resolution.
Wealth, like happiness, is never attained directly. It comes as a by-product of providing a useful service. -Harland D. Sanders
Gyro Gearloose

Post by Gyro Gearloose »

Super good. I have a ViewSonic VB50HRTV which works well feeding an old NEC 4:3 LCD monitor. That's dated!
The price one pays for pursuing any profession, or calling, is an intimate knowledge of its ugly side.
motrucker

Post by motrucker »

Gyro Gearloose wrote:Super good. I have a ViewSonic VB50HRTV which works well feeding an old NEC 4:3 LCD monitor. That's dated!
I still have an NEC Mutisync 3D that I use on an Amiga, but I wanted go use a more modern monitor/TV set up.
@ eslapion
Thanks, that does it. I just ordered the adapter.
Zippy Zapp

Post by Zippy Zapp »

@motrucker, Did you get the one from eBay that is for sale in EU? I am looking for one that is not stupid money and that seems to be it. Shipping is of course expensive but the unit is $40.
Commodore - Changing the world 8 bits at a time.
motrucker

Post by motrucker »

Zippy Zapp wrote:@motrucker, Did you get the one from eBay that is for sale in EU? I am looking for one that is not stupid money and that seems to be it. Shipping is of course expensive but the unit is $40.
That's the one. It's ordered, but (obviously) isn't here yet.
motrucker

Post by motrucker »

My "luck" is holding true. The adapter from Europe was lost in transit!. I just ordered another from Virginia that was a bit more, but it should be here in by the first of next week,
http://www.ebay.com/itm/ViewSonic-NextV ... Sw8-tWadwW
At least this one should get here. All of a sudden several of these units popped up on ebay, and other places. When I'm dealing on ebay, I would rather buy from some one with 100% good feedback.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic