Providing service to the Commodore community and the consequences

General Chit Chat
TMR

Re: Providing service to the Commodore community and the consequences

Post by TMR » Wed Nov 25, 2015 12:45 am

dudz wrote:what he really wants to say is: "would you two please subscribe to format war pretty please? we need some quality posts, too!"
Nah, Format War is for arguing the toss over which system is better... or at the moment, for discussing demo coding apparently?

Disclaimer: a message board post from this person shouldn't be seen as any kind of indication that a project has been started or is ongoing because as a programmer he has the attention span of... oh look, a squirrel!

ChrisUnionNJ

Post by ChrisUnionNJ » Sat Aug 27, 2016 5:43 am

I have to ask being new what the hell is removed???
Vic 20 x3,C64 x2,128D,C128 flat deck,A1000 x2,A500 x3,A2000,A600,A1200,Apple ][e,2x Apple][ GS rom 01,03,Apple ][c x4 with only 1 PSU,2x Laser 128EX EX2,Atari 600XL,2x 800XL,130XE w/320,Atari 1040stf w/2.5meg :D

eslapion

Post by eslapion » Sat Aug 27, 2016 7:09 am

@ChrisUnionNJ
I suggest you read Tachyon's post earlier in this thread and I think you will understand what this is about.

I sent you a PM on another forum and I also suggest you take a look at the very last post of a thread you can find on google by using these 3 keywords: atmel PLA friendly

It is from Skoe, the creator of Easyflash 3.
Wealth, like happiness, is never attained directly. It comes as a by-product of providing a useful service. -Harland D. Sanders

eslapion

Post by eslapion » Thu Oct 06, 2016 11:58 pm

Tachyon wrote:This brings up the general underlying issue. There is an old guard, "old boys club" in the C= community that do not take lightly to anyone rocking their boat. They have set themselves up with a nice little cult that includes not only followers, but also a belief system. Anyone that tries to bring new ideas into the cult is immediately attacked and eventually ostracized. They also do not want any of the attention or "worship" that they get from this little cult to be shared with anyone else. So anyone that comes into the community and gets too much attention also soon finds themselves under attack and bewildered as to why.
It really pisses me off because it's a huge detriment to the community as a whole and it impedes progress in the community. New ideas and new was of looking at old problems are stomped out of existence before they can be reasonably and thoughtfully discussed.
You only have to look at any thread about PLA replacements, accelerators (turbo boards), Vic-II emulation/replacement etc. to see the obviousness of these issues. These and other topics have long since been debated and the "correct" paths of exploration decided on. Anything outside those paths is heresy and treated accordingly. Eslapion's treatment in PLA discussions is a prime example.
It's this very nonsense that led me to creating the Commodore Community Consortium, strictly for the purpose of hardware and software development in an open, and collaborative environment with none of this nonsense allowed. To be a place for those with new and exciting ideas that are outside the accepted old guard list to explore and develop those ideas without being slammed and ridiculed until they abandon their ideas.
Well, I'm glad to say the "old boys club" has been kicked out of Denial as well.

Feel free to discuss all technical aspects of the C64 people.
Wealth, like happiness, is never attained directly. It comes as a by-product of providing a useful service. -Harland D. Sanders

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic