Providing service to the Commodore community and the consequences

General Chit Chat
eslapion

Re: Providing service to the Commodore community and the consequences

Post by eslapion » Thu Nov 19, 2015 5:54 am

Since I can't edit...

@TNT:
See section 2 - http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/ar ... 3412002060

So you insult my efforts to bring accurate information to the Commodore community and you insult my handicap as well.

Not FUD... FACTS!

Wealth, like happiness, is never attained directly. It comes as a by-product of providing a useful service. -Harland D. Sanders

TNT

Post by TNT » Thu Nov 19, 2015 8:39 am

Oh please, Eslapion. I posted here to get proof for this
eslapion wrote:Jens Schönfeld undoubtedly is a generous donator to the REMOVED administration.
You start to babble about human rights, autism, other people and your equipment.
Ignoratio elenchi. Special pleading. Red herrings. Shotgun argumentation.

1. Claim
eslapion wrote:Jens Schönfeld undoubtedly is a generous donator to the REMOVED administration.
2. Dispute
TNT wrote:I very much doubt it. Even more, I say that is a blatant lie.
3. Proof
?
Pretty please, provide the proof. I don't give a shit about PLAs and whatnots, but I don't take it lightly when someone spreads lies about me.

eslapion

Post by eslapion » Thu Nov 19, 2015 11:44 am

TNT wrote:You start to babble about human rights, autism, other people and your equipment.
Ignoratio elenchi. Special pleading. Red herrings. Shotgun argumentation.
You just made a bunch of totally unfounded claims about my condition and now you delve into the irrational.
1. Claim
2. Dispute
TNT wrote:I very much doubt it. Even more, I say that is a blatant lie.
3. Proof
?
Pretty please, provide the proof. I don't give a shit about PLAs and whatnots, but I don't take it lightly when someone spreads lies about me.
All I see here is opinion A vs opinion B. You provide no more proof than I do about your position on this.

You don't take it lightly when someone spreads lies about you? Neither do I. I indicated a specific and scientifically documented characteristic of autism and you labelled it "fallacy of appeal to emotion".

Unlike you, I provided a scientific document to back my claim.

This brings an interesting question: Why would you feel so compelled to argue about a claim I made not about you but about Jens Schönfeld ? Wether its true or false...

Also, why would you feel so offended when I refered to people who placated me and my products with outright disinformation as "the PLA mafia" ?

That does contribute to indicate you're totally biased and that you do in fact care about technical discussions concerning PLAs and "whatnots".
Wealth, like happiness, is never attained directly. It comes as a by-product of providing a useful service. -Harland D. Sanders

TNT

Post by TNT » Thu Nov 19, 2015 12:18 pm

eslapion wrote:You just made a bunch of totally unfounded claims about my condition and now you delve into the irrational.
Sorry, you just lost me here. Read my posts and tell me where I say anything about your condition. You are the one who brought autism up. My only comment about it was that using autism to win arguments doesn't work. You drew some wild conclusions about that.
All I see here is opinion A vs opinion B. You provide no more proof than I do about your position on this.
Onus propandi. You made the original claim. You have to prove it. I don't need to prove it untrue.

eslapion

Post by eslapion » Thu Nov 19, 2015 12:55 pm

a) Its my opinion Jens Schönfeld must be a generous donator to REMOVED and I'm very comfortable with it. You concern with this specific claim seems very suspicious and IMHO shows prejudice and bias. It's not about you.

b) You elude answering my questions and you did not provide a specific example where I was wrong and failed to recognise it. Something clear cut, not a battle of opinions.

c) Yes, you did make claims about my condition when you said "fallacy of appeal to emotion" in answer to this:
One particularity of autistic people is they are mostly incompetent about nearly everything in life. But what I do know, I know damn well.
The vast majority of autistic people have very limited specific abilities in specific areas and are very vulnerable and incapacitated with mostly everything else. It is my case.

Its a documented scientific fact which you elected to label as an "appeal to emotion". Its both false - proven to be false - and extremely insulting.

Also, it is my opinion the thread about European voltages you created on REMOVED was specifically aimed at using against me the weaknesses in communication skills that my neurological disorder causes.

You saying I was banned for spreading FUD about the REMOVED administration WITHOUT saying what exactly seems to have the same objective.

Maybe I did spread FUD about the REMOVED administration but that happens to be AFTER I was banned. This begs the question: Do you consider Tachyon's last post - with which I agree - to be FUD ?

yaztromo

Post by yaztromo » Thu Nov 19, 2015 3:30 pm

TNT wrote:
why did you ban me?
Repeated FUD about administrators at REMOVED. I gave you several chances to explain what you mean. You never did.
I don't want to wade in too deep on this between you too but I I want to state that I think this is not the whole truth. There was more to the ban than this, very little of it actually caused by eslapion himself. You know it, I know it.

Let me put it another way. If groepaz and jens were never members of REMOVED, eslapion would undoubtedly still have his account today.

Anyway, eslapion I don't advocate name calling. I understand your frustration. But keep it civil, it will help your case.

TNT

Post by TNT » Thu Nov 19, 2015 4:29 pm

@Eslapion: for someone who claims to love facts, you base a lot of your arguments on your opinion.

It doesn't matter whether you claimed if donations were from Jens Schönfeld, Pope Francis or Justin Trudeau. What matters is that you claim those imaginary donations affect moderation at REMOVED.

You were wrong when you claimed that I admire some members from REMOVED and that affects my moderation. Sounds familiar? You were unable to explain your claims, just like now.

You are using autism as something why people should feel different about you. That's appealing to emotion. If you are not using it for that purpose, I see no reason to mention it.

Tachyon may have his opinion, it doesn't have anything to do with your claim. Red herrings again.

This thread would end right here if you proved your claim. You can't do that. What does that tell about your claim and about you?
yaztromo wrote:If groepaz and jens were never members of REMOVED, eslapion would undoubtedly still have his account today.
Speculative fallacy. They were, so there is no way to know what would have happened if they weren't.

yaztromo

Post by yaztromo » Thu Nov 19, 2015 4:46 pm

TNT wrote:
yaztromo wrote:If groepaz and jens were never members of REMOVED, eslapion would undoubtedly still have his account today.
Speculative fallacy. They were, so there is no way to know what would have happened if they weren't.
Since most of what I'm seeing you two put to each other is subjective opinion I don't think my speculation is so bad, really.

Fair enough though. I guessed I didn't have a wing on a prayer of changing what are evidently entrenched views, so I'll step out.

Good to luck to you both :|

eslapion

Post by eslapion » Thu Nov 19, 2015 9:14 pm

yaztromo wrote:... this is not the whole truth. There was more to the ban than this, very little of it actually caused by eslapion himself. You know it, I know it.

Let me put it another way. If groepaz and jens were never members of REMOVED, eslapion would undoubtedly still have his account today.
Same thing here. There was absolutely no intervention on your part for the many years that Groepaz resorted to name calling and insults to drive his point that "all" PROMs used as PLAs would cause bus contentions, which turns out to be complete lies.

Only when I did manage to prove him and Schönfeld wrong did this strange thread about european voltages appear. By virtue of his own argumentation, I discovered Schönfeld use HC technology chips on his 64r board and that turns out to be a serious technical blunder.

Skoe confirmed both of the above and indicated in a personal e-mail that EF3 is "specifications incompatible" with the 64r.
This thread would end right here if you proved your claim. You can't do that. What does that tell about your claim and about you?
Speculative fallacy.
Like I said, you're a grown adult so you know what reputation you want to give yourself. You don't say clearly what you want or don't want or what your motivations are.

I cannot prove or disprove what happens in your mind however, like other people, I can tell you what I understand of your actions. Yaztromo appears to understand the same thing as I do. You consider voicing what we see as "spreading FUD".

Your reply to both him and me simply indicates you want to keep people in the dark so don't blame us for speculating - I don't think it's "fallacy", quite the contrary. Be clear, concise, stop being vague.

If you banned me from REMOVED for "spreading FUD about the REMOVED administrators" then WHAT IS IT EXACTLY?

What was the purpose of starting the "European voltages" thread if it was not specifically to take things I say out of context and exploit the limits of my communication skills.

eslapion

Post by eslapion » Fri Nov 20, 2015 1:33 am

@TNT
Well, since you're not answering, I assume you were insulted I proved your friends wre dishonest. THAT is why you created the "european voltage" thread".

I also consider your method of communication (to be vague and unclear) to be dishonest as you attempt to create situations in which no answer can possibly be correct.

There are people I know who specialize in developing skills specifically aimed at that...

Its my opinion and everyone is entitled to their own but it might actually be easier to prove than you think... should one really want to.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic