Minimig

Discussions for the Commodore Amiga
sm3

Minimig

Post by sm3 »

Hi, I was wondering what others have to say about using a Minimig vs a Turbo Chameleon 64 with the minimig core port. I suppose the one big benefit I see is that I would not have to share my Chameleon 64. Currently, I use it in cartridge mode on the Commodore 64. If I wanted to use the minimig core, I'd have to disconnect it and place into it the docking station.

I guess I'm wondering if the minimig hardware does something you can't get on the TC 64 with minimig core port. It doesn't look like the TC 64 port has been updated in a while.

Thanks.

sm3

Re: Minimig

Post by sm3 »

I suppose the point is moot, anyway. There doesn't appear to be any "Minimig" boards for sale at the usual places. Looks like if I want one, I'll have to either get the MIST or that FPGA Arcade when it becomes available. The MIST appears to be the cheaper of the two from what I've found so far.
dudz

Post by dudz »

If I wanted to use the minimig core, I'd have to disconnect it and place into it the docking station.
actually you can leave it connected - and even use joysticks connected to the c64 :)
sm3

Post by sm3 »

dudz wrote:
If I wanted to use the minimig core, I'd have to disconnect it and place into it the docking station.
actually you can leave it connected - and even use joysticks connected to the c64 :)
So you are saying I can use my tc-minimig core while the Chameleon is still plugged into the 64? My amiga mouse connected to the 64 as well? Or no? I had no clue this was possible. I do like how you can plug a real Amiga keyboard into the dockingstation of the Turbo Chameleon as well.

Thanks.
dudz

Post by dudz »

So you are saying I can use my tc-minimig core while the Chameleon is still plugged into the 64?

yes, generally all the cores work like that
My amiga mouse connected to the 64 as well? Or no?
unfortunately no, joysticks work however, and you can use the c64 keyboard to bring up the minimig OSD - so for playing games its quite ok that way.
sm3

Post by sm3 »

Interesting, thanks, I never even thought to try it like this.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic