Amiga 500 I see on Ebay

Discussions for the Commodore Amiga
Syrax

Amiga 500 I see on Ebay

Post by Syrax »

I just bought my Amiga 500, but this may be of interest of those looking: http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Working-AMIGA-50 ... 413&_uhb=1
Probably posted on Ebay.com as well. I do not know if people are waiting in the woods till the last minute, but the price now is very good, considering the free shipping. I do not know if the seller will honor the sale at this price. It is his fault for not putting a higher minimum though.
One caveat, I notice the WB is 1.2 suggesting an older motherboard. It may not work with ACA 500, if that is your eventual intention.

nonex

Re: Amiga 500 I see on Ebay

Post by nonex »

That's the motherboard I "originally" had. When the A500+ started shipping, which included a revised chipset with additional graphic modes, I had to come up with some "creative" methods to swap my board for the newest one... hehehe >:)

Something to keep in mind if you're thinking of bidding...
Syrax

Post by Syrax »

Weasel seller chickened out! What possible justification can there be for cancelling an auction once a bid is entered?
This seller is a real "prize". I just noticed, at the same time he was selling on Ebay, he was selling on Kijiji:

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-desktop-computer ... nFlag=true
iced_nine

Post by iced_nine »

Too good to be true obviously... :lol:
Commodore 64/Amiga 500 Enthusiast
sm3

Post by sm3 »

I try to buy only Rev 6A's now. They are few and far between on eBay in the US I think.
iced_nine

Post by iced_nine »

A lot of Amiga stuff is far and few between in the US to begin with! :lol:

Pain in the neck, actually... but, forums like these and eBay make it a tad bit easier...
Syrax

Post by Syrax »

sm3 wrote:I try to buy only Rev 6A's now. They are few and far between on eBay in the US I think.
I just lucked out with my purchase in Canada, with a Rev 6a. To tell the truth though, I do not think I will mess around with the Agnus, or populate the plus slots. Most common board is the Revision 5. Problem is, most sellers are not going to dismantle the machine to tell you what revision it is.
sm3

Post by sm3 »

Syrax wrote: I just lucked out with my purchase in Canada, with a Rev 6a. To tell the truth though, I do not think I will mess around with the Agnus, or populate the plus slots. Most common board is the Revision 5. Problem is, most sellers are not going to dismantle the machine to tell you what revision it is.
Wow that's great! I read a post where someone states if the power light is green, it may be a later Amiga 500. I try to look for that now when they have photos of the Amiga running. The last one I purchased on eBay was a green light and fortunately did have a Rev 6A as well. Of course I understand it's not a sure thing.
iced_nine

Post by iced_nine »

I think the green power light is the A500+ .. ?? Maybe I'm wrong about that...
sm3

Post by sm3 »

iced_nine wrote:I think the green power light is the A500+ .. ?? Maybe I'm wrong about that...
Well, I guess the 500+ may have a green light as well, but the one I purchased with a green light is definitely a 500, not a plus model.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic