Got some Feedback?

eslapion

Re: Got some Feedback?

Post by eslapion »

Melon wrote:The current setting is 30 minutes for both post deletion and editing.
Could you make that 30 hours for the poor malfunctioning neurons nature has endowed me with? I'm now both autistic AND old.

Also, you could ban anyone who received 3 warnings for abusing the editing.

Wealth, like happiness, is never attained directly. It comes as a by-product of providing a useful service. -Harland D. Sanders
Borat

Post by Borat »

I agree that the post editing time needs extending. What happens when you want to change a "FS: blah blah" thread to "SOLD: blah blah" ?
Melon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Melon »

Hi Borat, in this case you can simply request the topic closed. I've just closed your SCPU etc thread and marked it as sold. Hope this helps.
.oO( MELON64 - ONE SLiCE AiN'T ENOUGH! )Oo.
eslapion

Post by eslapion »

Hi Melon,
I just changed the price tag for the Behr-Bonz multicart I sell and I can't alter the original post to avoid confusion.

I'm just saying... no other forums does this thing of preventing edits after a short while. I know some trolls abused it but now every other user is paying the price for their misbehavior.

IMHO, that shouldn't be. If there are other members who do this sort of thing - editing multiple posts to completely remove them repeatedly - they should get banned instead of implementing a new rule that penalizes everyone else.

I feel particularly affected because I make many typos and because I post many technical texts that require updating.
Wealth, like happiness, is never attained directly. It comes as a by-product of providing a useful service. -Harland D. Sanders
Melon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Melon »

Hi eslapion, I've set your per user settings in the for sale forum to allow you to edit your original posts. I've set this as a per user setting rather than a blanket setting.
dudz

Post by dudz »

no other forums does this thing of preventing edits after a short while.
you cant be active in a lot of forums, because in fact every half sane forum does that. and for a good reason :)
eslapion

Post by eslapion »

Melon wrote:Hi eslapion, I've set your per user settings in the for sale forum to allow you to edit your original posts. I've set this as a per user setting rather than a blanket setting.
Thank you for your understanding.

Happy new year, BTW.

Added edit:
I browsed the Behr-Bonz sales thread and the button to edit the first post (or subsequent ones) is unavailable.

I also needed to edit the OP for the PLAnkton circuit.
Melon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Melon »

Should be fixed now :)
eslapion

Post by eslapion »

I have begun using the newly available capability. Thanks Melon.
Starglider

Post by Starglider »

Melon wrote:Welcome Joshua,

I've now installed the Taptalk plugin. Thanks for the suggestion :)
Hi all, it's a pleasure to be here. I joined here because that other forum with a similar name seems a bit dusty and there was no chance of Tapatalk support.

Unfortunately although I see your post above, I cannot find Melon64 via Tapatalk. Should I be searching for something else? Was the Tapatalk plugin removed?

Thanks!
Thanks!

Starglider
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic