Zoomfloppy nibwrite issue

Got an issue?
radron5809

Zoomfloppy nibwrite issue

Post by radron5809 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:06 am

Wanted to see if anyone else has a zoomfloppy and a 1571 drive. Want someone else to try nibble write with serial with the -i switch to see if it errors out or not. If I do nibread -s -i filename.nib I have no issues. If I do nibwrite -s -i filename.g64 or filename.nib or filename.nbz it errors out with xum1541_control_msg: libusb0-dll err. Seems I can't do a nibwrite using the index hole feature. Tried two 1571 drives, 2 different laptops, different drivers and different versions of nibtools. I am using side one of the disc, they say you can't do this with side 2. Am I missing something? Like I said I can do a nibread with the -i switch but can't do nibwrite with the -i switch. So, if anyone has a 1571 drive and zoomfloppy, try a serial nibwrite with the -i switch and see if it errors out. I just want to see if other people have issues with nibwrite -s -i cause I'm thinking it's an issue with the software.

Zippy Zapp

Re: Zoomfloppy nibwrite issue

Post by Zippy Zapp » Thu Feb 14, 2019 4:43 am

I don't think I have ever tried my 1571 with ZoomFloppy.

Are you trying to write something that requires the index hole sensor? I didn't think it was necessary. What happens if you try it without the -i switch?
The reason it won't work on side 2 is because *most* disks don't have a second index hole on side 2. I say most because many commercial games do have it and I have several boxes of BASF 5.25 DS/DD reversible disks that have 2 index holes so it should work on these.
Commodore - Changing the world 8 bits at a time.

radron5809

Re: Zoomfloppy nibwrite issue

Post by radron5809 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:19 pm

Don't know if I needed it or not. The 1571 is new to me and was just trying to write disc using the -i switch to tell it to use the index hole. Using without the -i doesn't give me an error, but I found I cannot write any discs using the -i switch. Nibread is fine with the -i switch.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic