PAL red/green color moire, not in NTSC

Disk drives, Monitors, SuperCPU etc.
rmzalbar

Re: PAL red/green color moire, not in NTSC

Post by rmzalbar » Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:32 am

Tested with C64 death brick power supply. No difference.

banman

Post by banman » Sat Feb 15, 2020 2:00 am

rmzalbar wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 6:50 am
I will try out my original kamikaze brick to see if it makes any difference.
LOL.. I don't think I've ever heard that before..... I love it! :lol:

If you have the breadbin C64 rmzalbar variety you may be able to squeeze it in.. I have had some fairly tall setups inside a breadbin.

In my ...407 setup I'm using a 5v VIC II chip from a C64C. These are later style chips. The video output is way better than earlier VIC II 12V/5V style. That's in a cradle not much taller than eslapion's LumaTOLB board. If you look at my pictures in the earlier posts I don't think the chip on it's own comes above the RF side shield.

I too am using a switching supply for 5v and a wall wart for 9v ac.. .
I am thinking rmzalbar I have virtually the same board as you (I think I have the hipric version).

What if I probe around my PAL board and post pictures of the readings and then you can compare them with what you have on your board?

Maybe eslapion and yourself can advise me where to take some readings? I am very much a newbie to all this stuff. I do find it fascinating though..

Just a thought....

rmzalbar

Post by rmzalbar » Sat Feb 15, 2020 8:06 am

banman wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 2:00 am
In my ...407 setup I'm using a 5v VIC II chip from a C64C. These are later style chips. The video output is way better than earlier VIC II 12V/5V style. That's in a cradle not much taller than eslapion's LumaTOLB board. If you look at my pictures in the earlier posts I don't think the chip on it's own comes above the RF side shield.
As it is, I had to file down the heatsinks and route the keyboard wires away. Another socket sandwich under there simply would not fit. There's room for one socket sandwich.. but not two.
What if I probe around my PAL board and post pictures of the readings and then you can compare them with what you have on your board?
I thank you for the offer, but my oscilloscope doesn't have a true frequency counter in it, so there's a problem comparing our numbers. USPS reports my C64G has cleared customs and is on its way across the continent, and they are fast running out of chances to elbow-drop it into smithereens. So I may actually end up getting to run them side-by-side this week.

banman

Post by banman » Tue Feb 18, 2020 3:45 am

No worries....

I would like to hear how you get on with it all....

Good luck..😁

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic