C64 Reloaded

Disk drives, Monitors, SuperCPU etc.
ckoba

Re: C64 Reloaded

Post by ckoba »

@eslapion

That movie (more precisely, Phillip Seymour Hoffman) was exactly the image that was in my mind when I wrote that post. A very good film.

"The Master", of course, was very closely based on Scientology's early years. They made it about as close as they could without getting sued by the CoS ... which is another parallel; both the CoS and Megasoft/UU use lawsuits (or the threat of them) to intimidate and harass detractors.

It would be interesting to go through Google Groups and tally up all of the lawsuit claims made or threatened by Megasoft/UU, see how many, if any, actually were filed ... and what the judgement was for those that were filed.

Did Schönfeld claim to have filed suit against Jeri Ellsworth over the C=One FPGA cores, or was it resolved in another way? If he did file suit, then that's yet another similarity between Megasoft/UU and him and a tactic taken directly from the CoS playbook.

Edit: "Ellsworth"

eslapion

Post by eslapion »

@ckoba
Impressive. Now I know why they called it "The Cause" (the CoS)...

Many years ago, somebody told me the origin of the bad guys' name (the psychlos) in the movie Battlefield Earth is from L. Ron Hubbard's visceral hatred for psychiatrists. Psychlos supposedly means "psychiatrists will lose".
Wealth, like happiness, is never attained directly. It comes as a by-product of providing a useful service. -Harland D. Sanders
Gyro Gearloose

Post by Gyro Gearloose »

If someone called The Cos offers you a drink, politely decline.
The price one pays for pursuing any profession, or calling, is an intimate knowledge of its ugly side.
dudz

Post by dudz »

Did Schönfeld claim to have filed suit against Jeri Ellsworth over the C=One FPGA cores, or was it resolved in another way? If he did file suit, then that's yet another similarity between Megasoft/UU and him and a tactic taken directly from the CoS playbook.
you must be mixing up something there - you realise jeri was paid by jens to do the c-one core?
ckoba

Post by ckoba »

@dudz

I do, and I remember that there was a major disagreement about deliverables and features in the deliverable.

My question was: how the matter was handled? Through legal avenues?
dudz

Post by dudz »

it wasnt "handled" at all, other than jeri turning around and working for someone else :) a court case was out of the question, as they didnt have a formal contract (which was very smart from jeri, and really stupid from jens afterall)
ckoba

Post by ckoba »

@dudz:

Thank you. That explains a lot about both of the involved parties.
eslapion

Post by eslapion »

8-)

Want some popcorn ?
Wealth, like happiness, is never attained directly. It comes as a by-product of providing a useful service. -Harland D. Sanders
eslapion

Post by eslapion »

Dr. Boris Cyrulnik said "the less one has knowledge, the more one has convictions" (fr. tr. from Moins on a de connaissance, plus on a de convictions).

I think this thread is a testament to how much ignorant people can hold on steadfastly to abhorrent falsehoods.
ckoba

Post by ckoba »

It is rather interesting that the folks that insisted that HC logic was fine disappeared as soon as datasheets were introduced into the discussion.

The general takeaway here is: don't buy anything designed or sold by Drew, Schöenfeld, or Ellsworth. The former two because they don't (or won't) understand basic electrical engineering concepts, and the latter because she didn't deliver on a high-profile project and AFAICT has done nothing Commodore-related since then.

There really aren't many honest people in the Commodore hardware game anymore, are there? Offhand, the only guys that are on the up-and-up are you and Jim Brain. All the other straight shooters moved on to better things; it's the dishonest folk that had nowhere to go and continue to fleece the community.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic