The Dos and Don'ts of using an EPROM as PLA in a C64.

Disk drives, Monitors, SuperCPU etc.
eslapion

Re: The Dos and Don'ts of using an EPROM as PLA in a C64.

Post by eslapion »

I have to be honest here, what is being discussed here has nothing to do with using an EPROM as a PLA and everything to do with discussing resistor networks and the input characteristics of logic ICs.

This should be in a separate thread.

As for picking up static hazards from an EPROM, any scope/probe combination providing a bandwidth of 60 MHz or more should show it well. If not then the circuits in a C64 won't pick it up either because it's too fast for them and you shouldn't worry about it.

Wealth, like happiness, is never attained directly. It comes as a by-product of providing a useful service. -Harland D. Sanders
banman

Post by banman »

Hi eslapion,

Yes, you're right.

As a very mediocre hobbyist I continually find myself faced with more questions than answers the further I stumble along.

I appreciate all the help you have given. It must be very frustrating to deal with the likes of indiduals such as me.

I will get back to investigating more EPROM's.
eslapion

Post by eslapion »

banman wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 9:19 pm As a very mediocre hobbyist I continually find myself faced with more questions than answers the further I stumble along.

I appreciate all the help you have given. It must be very frustrating to deal with the likes of indiduals such as me.

I will get back to investigating more EPROM's.
Come on! Everyone has to begin somewhere. This thread is just not the best place to do it.

Starting another thread about "Threshold logic voltages and altering them" would be a good idea.
Wealth, like happiness, is never attained directly. It comes as a by-product of providing a useful service. -Harland D. Sanders
banman

Post by banman »

Hi eslapion,

Great Idea! :D
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic