Providing service to the Commodore community and the consequences

General Chit Chat
eslapion

Providing service to the Commodore community and the consequences

Post by eslapion » Wed Nov 18, 2015 12:52 pm

@Tachyon
I also wonder what the actual impact of financial incentives might be.

Jens Schönfeld undoubtedly is a generous donator to the REMOVED administration.

Wealth, like happiness, is never attained directly. It comes as a by-product of providing a useful service. -Harland D. Sanders

Tachyon

Re: Providing service to the Commodore community and the consequences

Post by Tachyon » Wed Nov 18, 2015 3:14 pm

I don't completely understand why people have an issue with Google. If the point is to avoid them out of some sort of Orwellian fear of their data collection capabilities, then you must by extension just leave the Internet altogether as Google is probably one of the most benign data collectors.
They at least make no secret about what they collect, why, and exactly how they use it. Microsoft, Facebook, and Apple are all much more egregious data collectors, all things considered. Microsoft for example has a long history of being willingly complicit in government surveillance programs back to the "NSAkey" scandal and beyond. Without active blocking via security settings and browser extensions, Facebook actively tracks everywhere you go on the Internet, Facebook related or not.
Finally, unlike most of these other companies, Google has mostly lived up to their corporate motto "Don't be evil" by being entirely up front with users about their privacy policies, and also by actively defending user privacy rights whenever possible. EG Demanding court orders for data sharing with government. Resisting surveillance programs with active encryption, etc.
Google is also not on board with CISA, which Microsoft has come out in support of. Microsoft didn't support the bills' predecessor, CISPA. The difference is that CISA now gives immunity to companies that collect user data without their knowledge. This dovetails nicely with the widespread, egregious levels of user data snooping in Windows 10 and the shifty language in the EULA that basically states they can and will collect ALL data from your hard drive and share it with whomever they see fit. From Law enforcement to groups like the MPAA and RIAA.
In other words, Google is the least of your worries if you have any sort of online presence.
The Real, Original Tachyon.
Accept no substitutes!

yaztromo

Post by yaztromo » Wed Nov 18, 2015 7:08 pm

Groepaz has left (although I have long suspected schumi of being him OR his twin brother ;) )

There is a certain attitude and spreading of FUD on there by a few others, but it's a lot rarer now. The reply by Skoe correcting some facts was conveniently ignored so not many people saw it.

I still love the REMOVED community for the most part though. I don't think it's *that* clannish. If you want to see clannish then spend some time on EAB. Plus all forums suffer this to some extent. If this place got popular enough the little cliques would certainly start.

I think the real issue is why in the world Wiesel and Groepaz (and to a lesser extent Jim Drew) were doing what they were doing. It's never made a great deal of sense to me. Was it just so Wiesel could get better sales from products with design flaws? Was it some weird grudge by Groepaz? Don't get it. Probably never will.

I don't think TNT was party to any of it, but I think by that point they'd thrown in enough mud in eslapion's direction that it had stuck. Some people mistakenly believed he was the problem.

eslapion

Post by eslapion » Thu Nov 19, 2015 12:13 am

@Yaztromo:
1. Yes, Skoe's reply was conveniently ignored

2. Did you read TNT's reply to my open letter on Denial? What a smug and arrogant prick. He's supposed to be an engineer yet we see where his obligation to scientific objectivity and truthfullness went.
I don't think TNT was party to any of it, but I think by that point they'd thrown in enough mud in eslapion's direction that it had stuck. Some people mistakenly believed he was the problem.
No but he was and apparently still is gullible enough to adhere to it... pun intended.

As for Groepaz, his way of communicating seems to consist in throwing insults at anyone who disagrees with him.
Wealth, like happiness, is never attained directly. It comes as a by-product of providing a useful service. -Harland D. Sanders

TNT

Post by TNT » Thu Nov 19, 2015 1:15 am

eslapion wrote:Jens Schönfeld undoubtedly is a generous donator to the REMOVED administration.
I very much doubt it. Even more, I say that is a blatant lie.
eslapion wrote:Did you read TNT's reply to my open letter on Denial? What a smug and arrogant prick.
:roll:

eslapion

Post by eslapion » Thu Nov 19, 2015 1:24 am

@TNT
What's your rolling eyes supposed to mean? I'm arrogant because I decided I no longer accept some thugs telling a bunch of abhorrent lies about what I do?

Aren't you supposed to be an engineer? Where exactly is your concern for truthfulness and scientific validity?

If I'm all wrong then why exactly did you start this social trap of a thread about european voltages and why did you ban me?

AFAIK and unless otherwise proven, I insulted people you admire by restoring the truth - the truth about what I do and about what THEY do.

That is the truth.

When I am wrong - and proven so by scientifically valid information, not just insults, demeaning comments or hollow judgement of values - you will always get a reply to the effect "I stand corrected".

You, Jim Drew, Jens Schönfeld and Groepaz (whatever his real name is) are incapable of such a thing.

One particularity of autistic people is they are mostly incompetent about nearly everything in life. But what I do know, I know damn well.

The labels you attributed me on REMOVED are EXACTLY what people who don't know and most importantly don't accept what autism is. Saying autism is no excuse for (whatever) simply confirms you're in denial.

eslapion

Post by eslapion » Thu Nov 19, 2015 2:13 am

Let me tell you what I see.

I see a group of people who have learned to program the C64 and its related devices which happend to use the same type of CPU. They learned it so well they accomplished with these machines things which were considered impossible. They learned the 64 inside out so well they then realised they could alter its capabilities.

Adding RAM to the disk drive so it could copy software it could normally only read, adding a parallel cable, even create new storage devices and accelerators.

However, when going over from software to hardware, the digital way to think which was a powerful asset became a handicap and nobody realised it. It introduced a flurry of false notions that became accepted as the norm since so few challenged it.

Today, however, its obvious these false notions have become an incredible impediment. Gideon was the first I know who recognised it. Then I heard of Ray Carlsen who don't visit forums anymore because he no longer could put up with idiots who fight to the death to defend complete falsehoods.

What you get is a mixture of people who use these false notions to chase away anyone who wants to bring innovation and break down the concrete wall and others who are actually blind enough to adhere to this "system of belief". A simple question to TNT: Which one are you?

TNT

Post by TNT » Thu Nov 19, 2015 3:19 am

eslapion wrote:What's your rolling eyes supposed to mean?
I was surprised by the ad hominem attack. Maybe I shouldn't have expected better from you, but I did. I will try to not make that mistake in the future.
why did you ban me?
Repeated FUD about administrators at REMOVED. I gave you several chances to explain what you mean. You never did.
AFAIK and unless otherwise proven, I insulted people you admire by restoring the truth - the truth about what I do and about what THEY do.
Onus propandi. You are the one who has to prove that such admiration exists in the first place.
When I am wrong - and proven so by scientifically valid information, not just insults, demeaning comments or hollow judgement of values - you will always get a reply to the effect "I stand corrected".
You have not proven that to be true. In fact your posts here and at Denial forum show the exact opposite.
One particularity of autistic people is they are mostly incompetent about nearly everything in life. But what I do know, I know damn well.
Fallacy of appeal to emotion.

Now, look up "onus propandi" if you didn't do that earlier.

1. Claim
eslapion wrote:Jens Schönfeld undoubtedly is a generous donator to the REMOVED administration."
2. Dispute
TNT wrote:I very much doubt it. Even more, I say that is a blatant lie.
3. Proof
?
(hint: that's your burden)

What comes to your second post: fallacy of argumentum verbosium.

eslapion

Post by eslapion » Thu Nov 19, 2015 4:33 am

TNT wrote:
eslapion wrote:What's your rolling eyes supposed to mean?
I was surprised by the ad hominem attack. Maybe I shouldn't have expected better from you, but I did. I will try to not make that mistake in the future.
You reap what you sow...
why did you ban me?
Repeated FUD about administrators at REMOVED. I gave you several chances to explain what you mean. You never did.
I think considering the above posts there is a serious modus operandi problem at REMOVED and Tachyon described it better than I ever could. If you consider that to be FUD then it seems to me your ability for self criticism is problematic at best.

I strongly value 3 things in life:

1. Human rights
2. Scientific accuracy
3. Truthfullness

You've insulted all 3.
Onus propandi. You are the one who has to prove that such admiration exists in the first place.
IMHO, its the message you give. If I'm wrong then so be it but then act accordingly.
You have not proven that to be true. In fact your posts here and at Denial forum show the exact opposite.
Please provide a specific example where I was clearly wrong and failed to recognise it...

IMHO, you prove once more you adhere to scientific falsehoods. Tachyon is correct, you will not allow a newcomer to insult your system of belief; you can't distinguish it from reality.
Fallacy of appeal to emotion.
Really?

The same argument was used time and time again to insult autistics. Its a proactive denial of the notion of "peak abilities" which was clearly demonstrated by Dr. Laurent Mottron among others.

Calling it "appeal to emotion" indicates an inability to distinguish cold hard facts from emotional messages.
Now, look up "onus propandi" if you didn't do that earlier.

1. Claim
eslapion wrote:Jens Schönfeld undoubtedly is a generous donator to the REMOVED administration."
2. Dispute
TNT wrote:I very much doubt it. Even more, I say that is a blatant lie.
3. Proof
?
(hint: that's your burden)
What comes to your second post: fallacy of argumentum verbosium.
Jens Schönfeld, Groepaz and Jim Drew made a TON of fallacious claims about my products and digital technology in general. Yet, they seem to be above any and all burden of proof.

In fact, I took it upon myself to carry the burden to use empirical evidence (instrument readouts) and scientific documents to prove them wrong and I did. I got banned for it. What's that supposed to say about REMOVED admins? That no FUD, its fact...

You value "argument verbosium" over accurate, repeatable, verifiable scientific facts. Are you telling me you can't see a problem with that?

The above indicates to me you can't differenciate the package from the content in communication matters. Communication IS PART of the limitations of autisitic people. As I have heard before, you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree.

eslapion

Post by eslapion » Thu Nov 19, 2015 5:14 am

added edit:
As I said in the past, no matter how well some people can communicate, "argument verbosium" has no effect on my oscilloscope, digital analyser and voltmeter.

Nobody and nothing can convince them no matter how well versed they are. They always remain fully objective.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic