Providing service to the Commodore community and the consequences

General Chit Chat
TNT

Post by TNT » Fri Nov 20, 2015 10:39 am

So you reverted back to diagnosing people? Shame on you.

You have not proved any donations from Jens Schönfeld to REMOVED. You have not proved any admiration/friendship between me and all those people you keep bringing up. That's exactly the kind of FUD you spread.

I haven't started any "European voltages" thread at REMOVED. Check your facts.

The only thing you have proved is that you are a liar.

eslapion

Re: Providing service to the Commodore community and the consequences

Post by eslapion » Fri Nov 20, 2015 12:19 pm

You did not create this thread in the chit chat section?

http://www.REMOVED.com/forum/viewtopic. ... sc&start=0

Really?

Here I read
[Off-topic posts moved from C64 equivalent of: "try deleting your system32" by TNT]
You CANNOT tell me clearly and exactly why you banned me from REMOVED AND you cannot provide a clear specific example where I failed to recognise I was in error. You utilise things I posted AFTER I was banned.

... but I am a liar.

Right...

You don't provide any information regarding your motivations. People are free to understand what they want and what they can from your actions. If you feel what we understand is FUD then set the record straight.

What Tachyon posted is rather blunt. You don't call that FUD. Do you consider that to be true?
Wealth, like happiness, is never attained directly. It comes as a by-product of providing a useful service. -Harland D. Sanders

eslapion

Post by eslapion » Fri Nov 20, 2015 12:45 pm

This brings up the general underlying issue. There is an old guard, "old boys club" in the C= community that do not take lightly to anyone rocking their boat. They have set themselves up with a nice little cult that includes not only followers, but also a belief system. Anyone that tries to bring new ideas into the cult is immediately attacked and eventually ostracized. They also do not want any of the attention or "worship" that they get from this little cult to be shared with anyone else. So anyone that comes into the community and gets too much attention also soon finds themselves under attack and bewildered as to why.
It really pisses me off because it's a huge detriment to the community as a whole and it impedes progress in the community. New ideas and new ways of looking at old problems are stomped out of existence before they can be reasonably and thoughtfully discussed.
You only have to look at any thread about PLA replacements, accelerators (turbo boards), Vic-II emulation/replacement etc. to see the obviousness of these issues. These and other topics have long since been debated and the "correct" paths of exploration decided on. Anything outside those paths is heresy and treated accordingly. Eslapion's treatment in PLA discussions is a prime example.
TNT, That's the way it works on REMOVED. Wether it be because of donations, wether it be because of misplaced admiration or none of that. It remains a fact there is a rejection, and a violent one too, of anything that might shake entrenched misconceptions.

Its no FUD that the REMOVED administration allowed this to go on far too many years and I got kicked out when I proved some of the "old boys" completely wrong.
Wealth, like happiness, is never attained directly. It comes as a by-product of providing a useful service. -Harland D. Sanders

Tachyon

Post by Tachyon » Sat Nov 21, 2015 4:39 pm

There certainly is a pack of old boys club wolves that seem to do nothing but circle the forums looking for someone to pounce on. Often unprovoked, they also have their favourite prey whom they seem to hunt. eslapion being one of those.
You can easily pick the usernames of those few, search their names and find a pattern in their posts. Unfortunately most of them have high level access in the various forums and abuse it to defend each other by censoring and banning anyone that dares to call them out or make them look bad.
The Real, Original Tachyon.
Accept no substitutes!

eslapion

Post by eslapion » Sat Nov 21, 2015 5:04 pm

Some people only act according to what inflates or injures their ego...

No need for money or admiration for that...

TNT

Post by TNT » Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:49 am

eslapion wrote:You did not create this thread in the chit chat section?
Are you seriously claiming that Ox128 is my puppet who posted that first post in another thread and/or that I predict your behavior so well that I knew you would go ballistic with the issue? Oh please.
You CANNOT tell me clearly and exactly why you banned me from REMOVED AND you cannot provide a clear specific example where I failed to recognise I was in error. You utilise things I posted AFTER I was banned.
I have told you multiple times that you were banned for spreading fud about REMOVED administration, which is what you have continued here. I asked you to explain your claims multiple times before you were banned.

http://www.REMOVED.com/forum/viewtopic. ... 986#687986
TNT wrote:
eslapion wrote: 2. Its obvious you're nitpicking on me because you're frustrated I proved fair and square someone you admire is openly lying to the public.
You publicly accuse an administrator of nitpicking you because of some imaginary admiration. Please explain.
http://www.REMOVED.com/forum/viewtopic. ... 132#688132
TNT wrote:
eslapion wrote:I didn't placate TNT with lies and FUD* and insults.
Where did I lie? Also, you called me a sociopath.
As I said, I suspect he was offended by the fact I have made an important scener step down from his precious "Pied d'estale"...
For the fourth time: WHAT DO YOU MEAN? That claim is a textbook example of FUD.
eslapion wrote:Wether it be because of donations, wether it be because of misplaced admiration or none of that.
So finally you admit you can't prove any of your claims?
eslapion wrote:No need for money or admiration for that...
Yes, you really are. Thank you. You could have done it earlier to save us both some time though.

Have a good life.

eslapion

Post by eslapion » Mon Nov 23, 2015 10:40 am

@TNT

Dear TNT...
I have told you multiple times that you were banned for spreading fud about REMOVED administration, which is what you have continued here. I asked you to explain your claims multiple times before you were banned.
You said you banned me for spreading but you cannot say what exactly.

From your link on REMOVED:
eslapion wrote:
Its a characteristic of autistic minds who perceive reality "through a piece of straw" to lose sense of perspective.

TNT wrote:
Now I'm autistic as well? I haven't been diagnosed with any mental disorders, but thank you for letting me know.
Are you telling me you felt insulted because I tried to explain to you one of the important characteristic of my handicap?

How exacty is that spreading FUD?? I was telling you that I perceive reality "through a piece of straw", one detail at a time; that I am the one who easily loses sense of perspective. Forgive my impudence but I have no clue whatsoever how that could be "spreading FUD"...

I never claimed YOU are autistic. I think you have a problem if that's what you understood.

I think YOU spread FUD when you decided a silly comment - which was clearly a joke - was an actual encouragement to people sticking their tongue in an electrical outlet.

Other people took notice you were offended for no reason at all...
malconten wrote:TNT are you just taking the piss out of eslapion for the sake of it? It was a harmless observation, and no-one (i hope) is dumb enough to lick a socket in the first place. That's childhood 101.
yaztromo wrote:I agree. I haven't seen anything here that TNT should take offence/insult to. (And yes I read the entire split thread.)
Today, I am left to just guess why exactly you did what you did.

So I guessed things you didn't like. I am still guessing.

I don't think that makes me a liar. I think it makes you intentionally vague and unclear and as having something to hide.
I asked you to explain your claims multiple times before you were banned.
You were offended by anything and everything I said... there was no good answer to that.

There still isn't today.

TMR

Post by TMR » Tue Nov 24, 2015 9:53 am

Oh for crying out loud! Look, i'm sure you two have issues with each other and i can't see either side compromising so is there any chance you could both put a feckin' sock in it because this isn't REMOVED? Please? Being banned from a forum without understanding the reason sucks yes, so does being slated for your decisions as a moderator on other forums, but if either of you feel there's something to be done that'll reconcile things, bit the bullet and do it in private because shouting the odds in public makes both of you and by extension this forum look bad.
Disclaimer: a message board post from this person shouldn't be seen as any kind of indication that a project has been started or is ongoing because as a programmer he has the attention span of... oh look, a squirrel!

dudz

Post by dudz » Tue Nov 24, 2015 12:14 pm

what he really wants to say is: "would you two please subscribe to format war pretty please? we need some quality posts, too!"

eslapion

Post by eslapion » Tue Nov 24, 2015 4:04 pm

@TMR , dudz
Noted

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic