My dad used to own a C64 Aldi back in the late 1980s, when Croatia was part of something bigger. Used to have a Datasette, a 1541-II, a Seikosha 7-dot matrix printer and god knows how many joysticks... and foolishly sold all that somewhere in 1996 or 1997 to fund a Pentium 166 MMX.
So here I am, 20 years later, trying to buy my way back into the C= world. So far I've managed to buy a breadbox, a flatbox, a 1541-II and another datasette, I'm lacking all the cables and power bricks but I reckon I can get or DIY most of that. The 64s themselves may or may not be alive - the breadbox almost definitely has a blown PLA, the 64C also gives a black screen but I didn't diagnose it in detail.
My master plan?
- Get the breadbox running at all costs, possibly swap it for an Aldi so I can tame my nostalgia
- Get the 1541-II working (found 100+ DS/DD floppies that may still be good)
- Get the flatbox running and mod the life out of it (paintjob, SD2IEC, MixSID, MSSIAH and AlphA-like mods) to make a synth out of it
- Hopefully at one point get a C128 and 1571/1581 just because I always wanted them
- Retr0bright or peroxide the lot of it as necessary
I've got big plans and god knows how many of those I'll accomplish.
So, thanks for having me here. Time for me to go digging through old threads and thinking of new questions.