The C64 full size - where ?

General Chit Chat
eslapion

The C64 full size - where ?

Post by eslapion » Mon Dec 09, 2019 1:24 pm

The full size version of The C64 is supposed to appear on store shelves today but I have no idea where to buy it. I checked on Best Buy's web site and could only find the mini version which I already have.

Anyone knows where in Canada it's possible to get it ?

Wealth, like happiness, is never attained directly. It comes as a by-product of providing a useful service. -Harland D. Sanders

motrucker

Re: The C64 full size - where ?

Post by motrucker » Sun Dec 22, 2019 2:02 pm

Looking at their official website, they have changed the date again. Now it just says "December", with no specific date......

https://retrogames.biz/thec64
C-64, C-128, and Amiga A2000 user

radron5809

Post by radron5809 » Sun Dec 22, 2019 4:01 pm

I heard you can get it through Amazon UK but price really went up in the past week. It's now showing 193 pounds. Guess I'll continue waiting until a US version becomes available or until the mad rush it done and prices go back to normal.

Zippy Zapp

Post by Zippy Zapp » Mon Dec 30, 2019 8:14 pm

They have not released it for North America yet. I preordered it through Amazon Germany but after several notices of delays (I pre-ordered in early Oct) and they changed the shipping cost from $19 prime to almost $40 I canceled it. I will wait until it gets here. My guess is March 2020. Retro Games LTD claims it is entirely up to their North American distributor and that it is out of their hands. I find that a bit hard to believe.
Commodore - Changing the world 8 bits at a time.

radron5809

Post by radron5809 » Thu Feb 20, 2020 3:25 pm

Has anybody heard anything about a US version of the full size "The C64" being released? Getting a feeling we may never see it here in the states. I'm not finding any new info about a US or Canadian model to be released. Hope they didn't give up on the idea for a US version, heck I'll take at least 3 of them myself.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic