The Expanse - the sci-fi show to end Star Trek

Non related nonsense and ramblings
eslapion

The Expanse - the sci-fi show to end Star Trek

Post by eslapion »

I only recently discovered the sci-fi series 'The Expanse' and I really enjoyed it.

Yes, I admit, I am guilty as charged, it's the only thing I've watched on TV for the last week.

I really like this show because it presents a much more realistic version of being in space than Star Trek or any other movies or series I've seen before.

No warp drive, phasers, transporters or artificial gravity.

Anyone else has watched this show ?

Wealth, like happiness, is never attained directly. It comes as a by-product of providing a useful service. -Harland D. Sanders
eslapion

Re: The Expanse - the sci-fi show to end Star Trek

Post by eslapion »

and then some...

Wealth, like happiness, is never attained directly. It comes as a by-product of providing a useful service. -Harland D. Sanders
Melon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Melon »

I've just finished binge watching Away, it's not a fast paced sci-fi show but it's definitely worth a watch. https://www.netflix.com/gb/title/80214512
.oO( MELON64 - ONE SLiCE AiN'T ENOUGH! )Oo.
rmzalbar

Post by rmzalbar »

I quite liked The Expanse. It took a bit of concentration to get comfortable with the plotline in season 1. I've never read the novels. I really enjoyed the attempt at realistic space-shippery with relatively minimal handwaving.
Smooth operator
eslapion

Post by eslapion »

Melon wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 12:27 pm I've just finished binge watching Away, it's not a fast paced sci-fi show but it's definitely worth a watch. https://www.netflix.com/gb/title/80214512
I haven't seen 'Away' yet but it too is reputed as having a good level of realism.
eslapion

Post by eslapion »

rmzalbar wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 7:45 am... I really enjoyed the attempt at realistic space-shippery with relatively minimal handwaving.
IMHO, the most interesting scene in terms of gravity/inertia realism occurs in an episode of season 3 titled 'Delta-V'. There is a young man trying to impress a girl who decides to try and fly through the ring structure at very high speed. Let's just say it doesn't go as planned.

Spoiler here: https://solotalkmedia.com/307-delta-v-t ... rocinante/

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic