Another one thinks the earth is flat...

Non related nonsense and ramblings
dudz

Re: Another one thinks the earth is flat...

Post by dudz »

Some people desperately don't want you to know you might be able to get a PLA replacement for your C64 for only 3$US.
except everyone who cared about it knew it before this thread even existed.

toooot toooot

eslapion

Post by eslapion »

dudz wrote:except everyone who cared about it knew it before this thread even existed.
Suuure! You knew about it, right ?

That's why your little friend sells a 20 Euros replacement that won't even work with FastLoad and his favorite internet bully is busy telling everyone using an EPROM as a PLA sub will turn your C64 into rubbish.

Meanwhile in another part of the galaxy, another wise person says its perfectly okay to completely disregard the works of Ray Carlsen concerning Atmel's PROMs used as PLA subs.

You don't care: TRUE

You already knew: FALSE

In the the interim what I do know is that you don't know and you don't care... and you don't care about those who know or want to know.

This happens to be perfectly TRUE...
Wealth, like happiness, is never attained directly. It comes as a by-product of providing a useful service. -Harland D. Sanders
eslapion

Post by eslapion »

dudz wrote:tooting horns even more in PM doesnt change that fact either
Not happy?

Public then...
Not everyone is narcissistic like you. Some of us actually spend time and effort to provide service or help others finding the right information.

You find fun in hindering these efforts... says a lot about you.
Wealth, like happiness, is never attained directly. It comes as a by-product of providing a useful service. -Harland D. Sanders
dudz

Post by dudz »

cool story bro!

meanwhile a certain vic20 cartridge made by self proclaimed expert fails gloriously on PAL vic20cr. tooooot toooot
eslapion

Post by eslapion »

dudz wrote:cool story bro!

meanwhile a certain vic20 cartridge made by self proclaimed expert fails gloriously on PAL vic20cr. tooooot toooot
1) This is a thread about how to use and how NOT to use PROMs as PLA replacements in a C64. What the heck does a faulty cartridge for the VIC-20 have to do with that ? BUPKISS!

2) I am not a self proclaimed expert, some people have called me that but I can tell you that Thomas Giesel, Gideon Zweijtzer and Peter Rittwage are far more qualified than I ever could be. I do have an electrical engineering degree... it's about power electronics and energy conversion and distribution systems - not much to do with antique 8 bit computers. You saying I am a "self proclaimed expert" means only one thing: YOU DON'T LIKE ME... we know it, no need to spin the same record over and over... - don't worry, the feeling is mutual.

3) I support the stuff I make and sell. If a VIC-20 cart I made doesn't work on a VIC-20cr then all the owner has to do is get in touch with me and I'll get it fixed if he cares to send it back to me. My clients know me, I have fixed stuff I sold more than 7 years after the sale. I sometimes even ran after some customers to fix their stuff just so I can know exactly what the problem was. If said owner happens to be you then dancing and jumping around with the cart in your hand screaming "this cart is from Eslapion and it doesn't work!" doesn't exactly make you a genius... a less polite word comes to mind.

That being said... keep on looking for things that make you go... away!
eslapion

Post by eslapion »

dudz wrote:except everyone who cared about it knew it before this thread even existed.

toooot toooot
Ya... I can see that with my friend e5frog battling over the same misinformation again with mongooseman spewing the same old misinformation as 2 years ago on the "left sided" forum...

NO! You can't just directly use a Winbond 27C512 as a PLA sub!

NO! Super Zaxxon on disk is NOT the same as the cartridge version! Only the cart version will tell you if your PLA is good.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic