A new generation of PLA for the C64 is now available.

Moderator: eslapion

eslapion

Re: A new generation of PLA for the C64 will soon be available.

Post by eslapion »

Good news!

PLAnkton is officially 100% compatible with the C64 Reloaded circuit board!

Wealth, like happiness, is never attained directly. It comes as a by-product of providing a useful service. -Harland D. Sanders
Gonzo

Post by Gonzo »

Officially compatible as in "guaranteed to work by both eslapion and Individual Computers"? IC seems to have updated their C64 Reloaded wiki page on July 24th so it's not up to date.
e5frog

Post by e5frog »

Well, it says "The C64 Reloaded can work with any PLA revision that was used by Commodore (8700-based, 7700-based and 82S100-based), with CPLD-based replacement circuits such as SuperPLA V3 and RealPLA."

U17 PLAnkton is a CPLD-based replacement circuit. So even if it was supposed to work from start it has now been tested and confirmed working.
My other hobby: Image
eslapion

Post by eslapion »

Gonzo wrote:Officially compatible as in "guaranteed to work by both eslapion and Individual Computers"? IC seems to have updated their C64 Reloaded wiki page on July 24th so it's not up to date.
I can't tell Individual computers what to put in their wiki, I can only do what I can in my side. As Fredric said, PLAnkton is based on a CPLD, not an EPROM and therefore meets the criterias officially published by IC for compatibility.

For my part, PLAnkton has been thoroughly tested on the 64r with a wide variety of cartridges and it behaves EXACTLY as it should if it was equipped with a 82S100.

BTW, these tests have allowed me to discover the SuperPLA V3 has a response speed closer to the faster 8700R2 while PLAnkton has a response speed closer to the slower 82S100 and should have better compatibility with older boards 326298 and early 250407 revisions.
Wealth, like happiness, is never attained directly. It comes as a by-product of providing a useful service. -Harland D. Sanders
eslapion

Post by eslapion »

I almost can't believe this!

Me and Fredric have already sold more than 100 units!

Thanks people!
eslapion

Post by eslapion »

Ok people, please be aware of something important here:
1- Me and Fredric have received orders for more than 110 units in the last 25 days, this is a very high amount of sales and it is unexpected
2- I have just undergone surgery and need to take it easy for a day or two

For the above reasons, I still accept all orders but clients should expect a delay of 20 days before having their order shipped.
Thank you for your understanding.
e5frog

Post by e5frog »

... and I'm sold out so it's waiting for a second batch or wait for Francois to get well.

Get well soon.
My other hobby: Image
zap

Post by zap »

Great project if i can support you guys in anyway let me know.

Be grabing a few thats for sure maybe sell them at cost at the Brisbane C64 Night.
PM sent.
Shane.
C= 8bit search, simply finds files fast.
http://cbm8bit.com/search
eslapion

Post by eslapion »

Just so people know, please note:
For various technical reasons, the size of the SMT chip being only one of them, PLAnkton will never be available as a kit.

Thank you all for your understanding.
eslapion

Post by eslapion »

Awrite, I managed to reduce the delay. Many units got shipped and the waiting time is now down to 14 days.

Special Offer:
Buy 10 units of PLAnkton and get a 25% discount!
For a limited time, ordering 10 units or more will get you a 25% rebate on the normal price, that's 9.50$US per unit or 8.55 Euros.

The shipping price remains the same, 6$ US for the US, 7 Euros for europe, 12$US for all other countries.

Payment via Paypal only. The cost of shipping does not increase when you order a larger number of units.

This offer ends September 11th.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic