satpro

Post by satpro »

Last edited by satpro on Mon Dec 01, 2014 4:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

satpro

Post by satpro »

Last edited by satpro on Mon Dec 01, 2014 4:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
sm3

Re: Winc64 OS Development - 16-bit SuperCPU Version

Post by sm3 »

Hi, I just re-read this thread again and I guess missed this part the first time "Until Jim Brain (go Jim!) secures the rights to once again manufacture the SuperCPU .. " Is he still working toward this end? I don't recall seeing a thread for this on REMOVED forums where he usually posts, unless it's posted somewhere else.

Thanks.
satpro

Post by satpro »

Last edited by satpro on Mon Dec 01, 2014 4:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
sm3

Post by sm3 »

Ah, OK, I guess there is a lot of history there I'm not aware of, but I have heard of the players before. Thanks for the update.
dudz

Post by dudz »

as the only licensee, he would have to be the one to share
as a licensee he most likely has no right to share anything whatsoever. and the actual owner of the IP can ofcourse license it to whoever he wants, without asking maurice.
satpro

Post by satpro »

Last edited by satpro on Mon Dec 01, 2014 4:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
zap

Post by zap »

dudz wrote:
as the only licensee, he would have to be the one to share
as a licensee he most likely has no right to share anything whatsoever. and the actual owner of the IP can ofcourse license it to whoever he wants, without asking maurice.

Maurice was not just a licensee, Maurice was a very talented hardware builder and wrote/updated much of the code written in developing the SuperCPU, just about all the code would have his finger prints or input on it. It's a real lose for the Commodore 8bit community to loose Maurice! mostly due too his own making sure! but some due to the constant harassment both online and offline that finally made it imposible too come back. Unfortunatly Maurice has had the final laugh by effectively holding back the CMD products range we all love i feel as punishment for hounding him so aggressively.

I also feel Marice has the only up to date documentation and software that's required to build a real SuperCPU and this is why building a SuperCPU has not been accompished already. Also this explains why "The files are not where the owner can reach them right now." and has been for years.

Shane.
C= 8bit search, simply finds files fast.
http://cbm8bit.com/search
satpro

Post by satpro »

Last edited by satpro on Mon Dec 01, 2014 4:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
zap

Post by zap »

I own a SuperCPU 128 with 16mb if there is something you wish me to try on a C64/128.

Cheers
Shane.
C= 8bit search, simply finds files fast.
http://cbm8bit.com/search
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic