WTB: Epyx Vorpal Utility Kit USA (disk only or complete)

Looking for that illusive game?
Zippy Zapp

WTB: Epyx Vorpal Utility Kit USA (disk only or complete)

Post by Zippy Zapp »

Hello,

I am looking for an original Epyx Vorpal Utility Kit. It doesn't have to be complete but does at least need to be an original disk that is fully functional. The copies that are on the internet are mostly working but they usually don't include the alignment portion with the special disk format/track. If you have one you don't need let me know.
Thanks!

Commodore - Changing the world 8 bits at a time.
eslapion

Re: WTB: Epyx Vorpal Utility Kit USA (disk only or complete)

Post by eslapion »

Mine was lost in late 2018, sadly. I would not have sold it and I suspect after many hundreds of usage, pretty much all originals have become unusable over time.

Oscilloscope is the remaining way to align a 1541 disk drive. I usually generate reference disks using a 1571 drive which is pretty much impossible to misalign. The direct drive also provides it with a near perfect 300 RPM.
Wealth, like happiness, is never attained directly. It comes as a by-product of providing a useful service. -Harland D. Sanders
Zippy Zapp

Re: WTB: Epyx Vorpal Utility Kit USA (disk only or complete)

Post by Zippy Zapp »

Thanks for the tip. I had a copy too that I bought back then but I lost mine as well. I can't find it for the life of me. I have only found the backup I made of it with a SuperCard. I think it worked fine minus the reverse side for alignment.

I do have an oscilloscope sitting unused in the box, perhaps this will be a reason to learn and use it.
Commodore - Changing the world 8 bits at a time.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic