CleoRAM - 2MB/4MB GeoRAM clone exp. w battery backup

Moderator: eslapion

eslapion

CleoRAM - 2MB/4MB GeoRAM clone exp. w battery backup

Post by eslapion »

CleoRAM is available! You can order now!

57$US (50 Euros) for the 2MB version, 90$US (77 Euros) for the 4MB version. Shipping to the US is 8$US, shipping to Europe is 8 Euros.

This expansion uses HALF THE POWER OF AN ORIGINAL FASTLOAD CARTRIDGE!! LARGER POWER SUPPLY NOT REQUIRED!
- measured at 35 mA during testing equivalent to 1.5 times the power of a green LED!

Gold plated edge connector!

You must provide a CR2032 lithium battery. It is estimated the battery will require replacing once every 3 years.

No case is provided: The board shape is exactly the same as those of game cartridges made by Commodore in the 1980s so you can either 3D print your own case with publicly available files or buy a standard case from many different sources.
DSC03392.JPG
DSC03391.JPG

Warning GeoRAM compatible RAM expansions are NOT compatible with Commodore 17XX REU.

See: http://www.c64os.com/post/georamdigi
Look for "How is GeoRAM different from a 17xx REU?"

New Quick Start Guide available with kind permission of Protovision, logo created by Lobo/Protovision
CleoRAM_QuickStart_A6_small.pdf
QSG_A6
(794.66 KiB) Downloaded 107 times

Wealth, like happiness, is never attained directly. It comes as a by-product of providing a useful service. -Harland D. Sanders
eslapion

Re: CleoRAM - 2MB/4MB GeoRAM clone exp. w battery backup

Post by eslapion »

Technical note: Using a Turbo232 or Swiftlink

This note is valid for CleoRAM or any other GeoRAMs original or clone.

In order to use a Turbo232 along with CleoRAM you MUST ensure the memory area setting is changed from the default $DEXX. This area is used as page data by CleoRAM or any GeoRAMs or other clones.

Setting the Turbo232 to use $DFXX resolves the issue. GeoRAMs or clones use the top part of the $DFXX area for control registers but the bottom part is unused and available for the registers of a Turbo232 or modern implementations such as GGLabs's GLINK232T.
Wealth, like happiness, is never attained directly. It comes as a by-product of providing a useful service. -Harland D. Sanders
eslapion

Post by eslapion »

Technical note: Using a Turbo Master

This note is valid for CleoRAM or any other GeoRAMs original or clone.

In order to use a Turbo Master along with CleoRAM you MUST obtain a Master Adapter or clone of it.

COREi64 makes clones of the Master Adapter and they are sold here: https://corei64.com/shop/index.php?rout ... uct_id=234
eslapion

Post by eslapion »

Received this email:

Hi eslapion.
woul be intereseted in ordering to the netherlands.

I would love to sell you one. If only you gave me a reply e-mail address!!
eslapion

Post by eslapion »

New Quick Start Guide available with kind permission of Protovision, logo created by Lobo/Protovision
The_Other_Shaun_B

Post by The_Other_Shaun_B »

Hi Eslapion,

Has this been tested with the RAMLink and SuperCPU combination? I'm thinking of purchasing a 4MB version for my RAMLink.

Regards,

Shaun.
eslapion

Post by eslapion »

The_Other_Shaun_B wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 4:33 pm Hi Eslapion,

Has this been tested with the RAMLink and SuperCPU combination? I'm thinking of purchasing a 4MB version for my RAMLink.

Regards,

Shaun.
It has been tested with the SuperCPU 128 successfully.

Since RAMLink is a form of non volatile storage, usually you would want to replace RAMlink with a cleoRAM unless there's a particular application I am not aware of.

Personally, I can't afford a SuperCPU and RAMlink to test that combination myself.
The_Other_Shaun_B

Post by The_Other_Shaun_B »

I can test that for you because I'm lucky.

Regards,

Shaun.
eslapion

Post by eslapion »

The_Other_Shaun_B wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 5:48 pm I can test that for you because I'm lucky.

Regards,

Shaun.
By all means, please send me an e-mail or PM so we can arrange something.
eslapion

Post by eslapion »

50 units sold!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic