1084S-P2 degauss loop position and fastening?

Disk drives, Monitors, SuperCPU etc.
e5frog

1084S-P2 degauss loop position and fastening?

Post by e5frog »

Disassembled my childhood monitor a couple of years ago after swapping loads of parts and not finding the problem.
Later turned out the yoke had oxidized and I tried but couldn't fix it. Then borrowed the degauss ring to roll up with a lightbulb in series to degauss another crt...

Even later I had some other 1084, cracked shell, in miserable shape, before giving it away for some movie recording I picked the powersupply (removable on those), degauss-ring and the yoke - turned out to be the same version!!

Even even later (yesterday) I finally had some time and lust to assemble, put the new flyback back in (figured out how to shorten the 72cm long anode cable) but I can't remember how the degauss ring was originally fitted. It's under the tube, but just loose? seems there are no holders - maybe it's attached to the tube itself?
Took some pictures at disassembly - can't find them.
It's the only monitor I have left so I have nothing to compare with.

By the shape it seems the one from the scrapped 1084 it may have gone over the tube a couple of inches up at the bottom and not along the edge - don't know.

Does anyone know or have any images from their disassembly?

Here's how it looks atm, I know from other images the connector is in the correct position:

My other hobby: Image
rmzalbar

Re: 1084S-P2 degauss loop position and fastening?

Post by rmzalbar »

Degauss loop position isn't critical and that's usually reflected in the mounting in most monitors (or lack thereof.) It does look like it just lays in that cavity and just trapped there by the CRT mounting bracket when the CRT in place.
Smooth operator
e5frog

Re: 1084S-P2 degauss loop position and fastening?

Post by e5frog »

It's my guess as well, it's just a guess though.
Would be nice to see if anyone has a photo of a disassembly... perhaps it's zip tied somewhere - to the CRT mounts for example, I feel that it's good if it stays in the same position.

Sucks having images unorganised. :)
My other hobby: Image
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic