Why I must charge big $$ for shipping with tracking

Non related nonsense and ramblings
eslapion

Why I must charge big $$ for shipping with tracking

Post by eslapion »

Why I must charge big $$ for shipping with tracking while almost everything from China is shipped for free with tracking too.

Chinese companies get subsidized shipping!

So many people asked why I must charge so much for shipping with tracking while they can order items from China with tracking and often get free shipping or very cheap.

That's why. China put in place policies to destroy companies in the free world.

Wealth, like happiness, is never attained directly. It comes as a by-product of providing a useful service. -Harland D. Sanders
banman

Re: Why I must charge big $$ for shipping with tracking

Post by banman »

Hi eslapion,

Correct!

It is the policy of the Chinese government to subsidize shipping on goods from places such as AliExpress and others.

https://www.csis.org/analysis/hidden-ha ... g-industry

This is why there is so much global controversy over disputed waters around China.

https://www.sbs.com.au/news/article/chi ... lsrc=aw.ds
Zippy Zapp

Post by Zippy Zapp »

Yeah the USPS started the ePacket thing providing tracking and first class mail to China and other countries. Basically they are giving them lower rates than their own customers in the USA. Also previous USPS treaties that allowed another country to charge the shipping rate and the USPS would just deliver it without additional fees. I think there are still some of those around.

The sad part is that with Canada and the USA we apparently don't get good exchanges for packages. It is expensive to ship from CANADA to the USA and the reverse. Makes zero sense since we share the same continent and can easily travel across the border. Some of the Canadian eBay sellers I have bought from in the past are closer to the border so they can just take their packages and only pay USA rates and drop them off right at the Post Office. Of course many can't do that. It is truly an unfair world.
Commodore - Changing the world 8 bits at a time.
eslapion

Post by eslapion »

More on the same topic from CBC News...

https://www.cbc.ca/radio/costofliving/s ... -1.6950967
Wealth, like happiness, is never attained directly. It comes as a by-product of providing a useful service. -Harland D. Sanders
rmzalbar

Post by rmzalbar »

If the internet were built during the 19th century, we might have ended up with a global pneumatic tube network. Would have been great for small things like this.

Routers would have been very expensive.
Smooth operator
eslapion

Post by eslapion »

rmzalbar wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 11:24 pm ... Would have been great for small things like this.
The UPU and the way China abuses this system is a matter of pretty big money with repercussions on millions of various size businesses all around the world. Not sure what your point is here.
rmzalbar

Post by rmzalbar »

Entirely pointless musing, just mental noise really. It was not meant as a commentary on the very real issues you're discussing here.
Smooth operator
eslapion

Post by eslapion »

And then some more...

Inexpensive Chinese stuff eventually makes you pay a very high price.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic