Adventure Construction Set - 2023 Tutorial!

Games, Productivity Tools etc
Baber64

Adventure Construction Set - 2023 Tutorial!

Post by Baber64 »

I'm proud to announce the only video tutorial for Adventure Construction Set (ACS) you'll see in this lifetime. I had fun making this, but feel free to skip ahead to instructions on game mechanics:

Adventure Construction Set - tutorial

I'm very proud of my tutorial but if you're impatient just click through my meanderings down memory lane to see what you need to configure to play ACS games.

Here are the Jademan (kung fu) game discs I have created with ACS, referenced in the tutorial:

Jadeworld (full disc games for Adventure Construction Set+CCS64 emulator)

Code: Select all

https://www.mediafire.com/file/9iqxz36ykt9c9ki/ACS-Jadeworld%2528June-2022_update%2529.zip/file
I include the old MS-DOS/Windows 95 C64 emulator "CCS64", but this is just what I playtested it on. I even constructed about half of the play discs on this sturdy old emulator. I highly recommend using an emulator that has a turbo or maximum speed mode with ACS. Adventure Construction Set is just too darn slow at 1 mhz and benefits from a speed-up. Enjoy and thanks to Stuart Smith for making ACS back in 1985.

Baber64

Re: Adventure Construction Set - 2023 Tutorial!

Post by Baber64 »

Sorry about the multiple posts. This is the real deal and I hope the tutorial helps new players get into this engaging Commodore 64 gaming system!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic