Adventure Construction Set - Complete 2023 Walkthrough

Games, Productivity Tools etc
Baber64

Adventure Construction Set - Complete 2023 Walkthrough

Post by Baber64 »

Adventure Construction Set is a Dungeons&Dragons RPG gaming system for the Commodore 64, written by Stuart Smith and released by Electronic Arts in 1985. I have made game modules for my own entertainment since 1993 (thirty years!), and want to share my love of the game system.

Download includes: Adventure Construction Set .d64 game (floppy disk sides 1+2), ACS Manual(Apple ][ version), and 17 Jadeworld game modules that I created (You must load the ACS game system to play). I use the CCS64 emulator, but any will do to play these game modules in Windows or Linux.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/blznuj64 ... 9.zip/file

New for 2023 is my video series of walkthroughs explaining how to set up, construct, or simply play the Adventure Construction Set games I created set in the Jademan kung fu comics world (think Street Fighter II):

ACS1 - Why Adventure Construction Set matters

ACS2 - How to Play Adventure Construction Set

ACS3 - How to Construct in Adventure Construction Set

ACS4 - Secrets of Adventure Construction Set

ACS5 - Standalone Game 'The Blood Sword' walkthrough

ACS6 - Electric Gate (conclusion to the series)

The manual states that computer AI characters in the game cannot step onto special (magic) spaces or pick up magic items or weapons. I discovered a means of inducing your computer adversaries to break this rule, and the game correctly interprets what happens when they step on a magical effect. In my videos I share how to generate these secret abilities, not bad for a 1985 Dungeons & Dragons style RPG gaming system!

Adventure Construction Set has been a labor of love for me from 1993-2023. Thanks to Stuart Smith for designing ACS and Electronic Arts for publishing it almost 40 years ago.

RobertB

Re: Adventure Construction Set - Complete 2023 Walkthrough

Post by RobertB »

Whoa! Thank you very much!

Truly,
Robert Bernardo
Fresno Commodore User Group - http://www.dickestel.com/fcug.htm
Southern California Commodore & Amiga Network - http://www.portcommodore.com/sccan
Baber64

Post by Baber64 »

You're welcome. I just felt like I was the only one playing this in 2023 and wanted to show people how to use the ACS system...
Baber64

Post by Baber64 »

Took me awhile, but I played through all of my ACS modules again. Finished "The Force of Buddha's Palm 5" last night.

A personal obsession, but probably the nicest thing I've worked on as a hobby over the years...
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic