REU for C-64 & C-128

Disk drives, Monitors, SuperCPU etc.
eslapion

Re: REU for C-64 & C-128

Post by eslapion »

dudz wrote:
A lot of money, energy and time needs to be invested to adapt this IP to an FPGA or CPLD, create the PCB and build this thing.
didnt you post elsewhere that you already made a prototype?
Ya and thanks to the idiots at Multifor (errors in the PCB) it failed. As i noted on Denial, this company no longer exists.

They made errors in my Behr-Bonz PCBs too back in 2008.

The FPGA used on the project back then no longer exists so this project would nearly require redoing from scratch but my memory tells me the IP for a 1750 compatible static RAM REC would likely fit in a 288 macrocells CPLD.

I have recently familiarized myself with the XC95 family so, an XC95288XL would likely be an excellent candidate.

Wealth, like happiness, is never attained directly. It comes as a by-product of providing a useful service. -Harland D. Sanders
dudz

Post by dudz »

The FPGA used on the project back then no longer exists so this project would nearly require redoing from scratch
wut? making a new pin file and a few other trivial changes should be enough - thats the nice thing with FPGAs :)
eslapion

Post by eslapion »

dudz wrote:
The FPGA used on the project back then no longer exists so this project would nearly require redoing from scratch
wut? making a new pin file and a few other trivial changes should be enough - thats the nice thing with FPGAs :)
You're oversimplifying things.

The original SRAM REC that was designed for me required external components for proper operation. Since most of these components no longer exist, making a new pin file without altering the inside will provide you with a nice design that is completely unusable.
Wealth, like happiness, is never attained directly. It comes as a by-product of providing a useful service. -Harland D. Sanders
dudz

Post by dudz »

sounds like a flawed design to me :)
eslapion

Post by eslapion »

dudz wrote:sounds like a flawed design to me :)
This VHDL model was slightly modified then used in the 1541 Ultimate II ... what's flawed is your thinking...
maraud

Post by maraud »

eslapion wrote:I already own the IP for a static RAM based REU. You guys are tempting me for a kickstater.

A lot of money, energy and time needs to be invested to adapt this IP to an FPGA or CPLD, create the PCB and build this thing.

Who's in?
Count me in! I'm a sucker for new toys! :)
dudz

Post by dudz »

what's flawed is your thinking...
...and i even put a fucking smilie there for those who wont get a joke without help. sigh.
eslapion

Post by eslapion »

dudz wrote:
what's flawed is your thinking...
...and i even put a fucking smilie there for those who wont get a joke without help. sigh.
:| Ha ... ha ha ... ha ha ha... :|

Better luck next time...
motrucker

Post by motrucker »

eslapion wrote:I already own the IP for a static RAM based REU. You guys are tempting me for a kickstater.

Who's in?
I hate Kickstarter with a passion! BUT, in this case I would support it, since I would be supporting you.
C-64, C-128, and Amiga A2000 user
COREi64

Post by COREi64 »

Count me in as a supporter if you decide to do a kickstarter on this.

Thomas
COREi64
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic