Before my VIC-20...

Discussions for CBM PET, VIC-20, SX64, C16/+4 and Commodore 128 systems
JohnnyRockets

Before my VIC-20...

Post by JohnnyRockets »

Hi all,

Before my days of owning a VIC-20, I drooled over a CBM4032 (PET) computer at my high school. This machine was WAY, WAY too expensive for my parents at the time, so I never really was able to play with one as I wished that I could. But now with the wonders of emulation, I can "own" one and play with it! :)

I am interested in this machine as well, could someone point me to some good resources for this machine and maybe even an online forum?

My apologies if I have posted this in the wrong area of the forum.

Thank you!

JR

eslapion

Re: Before my VIC-20...

Post by eslapion »

The PET is a very interesting machine from an era just prior to the arrival of what was then called "home" computers.

I remember being fascinated by the ultra crisp display of a model III computer at a local Radio-Shack store.

Here in Montreal, I know of a gentleman who owns two PET computers and a year ago I was able to refurbish his 2031LP drive to good functioning order.
Wealth, like happiness, is never attained directly. It comes as a by-product of providing a useful service. -Harland D. Sanders
Gyro Gearloose

Post by Gyro Gearloose »

I am also a gentleman with a PET4032. :mrgreen:
The price one pays for pursuing any profession, or calling, is an intimate knowledge of its ugly side.
eslapion

Post by eslapion »

Gyro Gearloose wrote:I am also a gentleman with a PET4032. :mrgreen:
You certainly own a PET 4032 but I am quite sure you're not a gentleman... :lol:
Wealth, like happiness, is never attained directly. It comes as a by-product of providing a useful service. -Harland D. Sanders
Gyro Gearloose

Post by Gyro Gearloose »

eslapion wrote:
Gyro Gearloose wrote:I am also a gentleman with a PET4032. :mrgreen:
You certainly own a PET 4032 but I am quite sure you're not a gentleman... :lol:
Hey, who are you, Scarlett O'Hara? Well you're no lady!
The price one pays for pursuing any profession, or calling, is an intimate knowledge of its ugly side.
eslapion

Post by eslapion »

Gyro Gearloose wrote:Hey, who are you, Scarlett O'Hara? Well you're no lady!
Naaa... just the guy you pushed in a shopping cart across a busy street on a red light back in 1987 but hey ... that was pure fun! I still have abdominal cramps laughing at it when I reminisce on it!
:lol:

REPLAY! REPLAY! :twisted:
Gyro Gearloose

Post by Gyro Gearloose »

OK, but at least wear a helmet.

eslapion

Post by eslapion »

JohnnyRockets wrote:... could someone point me to some good resources for this machine and maybe even an online forum?
http://www.tpug.ca/

http://www.zimmers.net/anonftp/pub/cbm/pet/index.html

http://sleepingelephant.com/ipw-web/bul ... cba62085aa

Try these...

@Gyro:
I will wear the helmet but this confirms you can't be a gentleman... gentleman don't do this sort of (extremely amusing) nonsense!!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic