Wifi

Got an issue?
EW85

Wifi

Post by EW85 »

I have a commodore4ever WiFi modem. In setting it up, I am able to connect the modem to the router and when I enter the ati command it displays the router IP address. But when trying to connect to sites, I get a “no answer” each time. Using CCGMS ultimate as the terminal, things are set at 9600 baud. Any suggestions?

rmzalbar

Re: Wifi

Post by rmzalbar »

I have the "bruktmoped" version, but I think most of them are based on the same firmware. This setup guide worked for me.

https://retrozonesite.wordpress.com/201 ... i-adapter/

I'm not 100% sure as it's been a while, but it seems to me I did need to switch to a newer version of CCGMS than I started out with in order to get this to work at 9600. He does mention the version he used for his guide. 9600 in particular uses some new tricks that weren't part of the userport's expected use in the legacy era, so an old version may not do the correct things.

What are you using as your connection string to a BBS? Give an e.g.
Smooth operator
EW85

Post by EW85 »

Thanks for your help. Running CCGMS Ultimate. The modem indicates it has connected to the network and displays an IP address, so I assume it is connected. But every time I try to connect to a BBS I get "No answer". Both using the ATDS1 memory location and manually entering ATDTcommodore4ever.bbs.dynu.net:6400 with "no answer" each time. I've also tried setting the modem down to 2400 with no luck. I wonder if the modem is defective.
rmzalbar

Post by rmzalbar »

I can't get an answer from that BBS you posted. Try this one:

particlesbbs.dyndns.org:6400
Smooth operator
EW85

Post by EW85 »

Same response. The wifi modem is reporting that it has a connection to the SSID, but I get a no answer to everything. I am on a 2.4ghz guest network on a linksys router. Maybe it is the router.
rmzalbar

Post by rmzalbar »

You may be able to hotspot your phone and attempt a test through there. An outgoing connection does require any inbound port routing, so I would be surprised if the router were responsible, but I do not know the firewall capabilities of that router.
Smooth operator
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic