CleoRAM - improved GeoRAM - now available!

Disk drives, Monitors, SuperCPU etc.
RobertB

CleoRAM - improved GeoRAM - now available!

Post by RobertB »

(An "official" announcement of CleoRAM...)

Francois “Eslapion” Leveille has developed CleoRAM – a clone of the classic GeoRAM cartridge… but improved.

CleoRAM (Compact, Lightweight RAM) specifications are:

CleoRAM capacities – 2 MB or 4 MB
Size – 5.8 x 6.5cm (same as original C= cartridge. Cartridge case not included.)
Weight – 30 grams
Battery for back-up – CR2032 lithium (battery not included)
Power consumption – 35 mA
Battery life – 3 years (estimated)
Edge connector – gold-plated
Compatibility – C64, C64C, C128, Ultimate 64

Price – $57 US (50 Euros) for the 2 MB version, $8 US shipping to US, 8 Euros shipping to Europe.
$90 US (77 Euros) for the 4 MB version. $8 US shipping to the US, 8 Euros shipping to Europe.

Contact – eslapion(at)videotron.ca or eslapion.fl(at)gmail.com

or

by personal message at Melon64.com or Amibay.com

Paypal payments only to eslapion(at)videotron.ca

Details from Francois – This product works well on all C64, C64c, and C128 (1 Mhz and 2 MHz). ...it also works perfectly well on the Ultimate 64, and it does support higher operation speeds up to 48MHz. Although the Ultimate 64 does already have GeoRAM emulation built-in, you still have the benefit of battery backup with CleoRAM.

CleoRAM (and GeoRAM) compatible applications are:

GEOS 64 (with appropriate Configure), GEOS 128 (with appropriate Configure), Wheels 64 (with Toolbox update), Wheels 128 (with Toolbox update), CP/M, GeoRAM Digi (C64), Funkpaint (C64), Volley for Two (C128) and the tools at

http://members.optusnet.com.au/spacetax ... -TOOLS.htm

and the games at

http://members.optusnet.com.au/spacetax ... -GAMES.htm

For other Leveille products (drive logic array substitute, PLA substitute, DRAM replacement board, TED expansion, VDC expansion, clock generator), go to COREi64 at

https://corei64.com/shop/index.php?rout ... ry&path=98

CleoRAM with CR2032 battery back-up
CleoRAM voltage draw
RAM test of CleoRAM

randylsmith1956

Re: CleoRAM - improved GeoRAM - now available!

Post by randylsmith1956 »

I will post this here in case this is where the official answers come from.

I got the 2M CleoRAM today but my machine will not recognize it. I use a C128DCR in 64 mode. I tried it with a memtest program and it saw my 1M REU but did not see the CleoRAM. I also tried it with Wheels 4.4 and geos 2.0r, neither of which recognized the CleoRAM. Wheels 64 works fine with the 1M REU. What could be the matter?

Thanks, Randy
eslapion

Post by eslapion »

The matter is simple: the C128's bus is a genuine 18 wheeler!

While CleoRAM passed all tests on a C64 breadbin and at crazy speeds on the Ultimate 64, it has a hard time on the C128 in both C64 and C128 modes because the low voltage 2MB SRAM chips aren't able to drive the bus of the much bigger C128.

They will have to be replaced with 5V SRAM chips but such chips only have 1MB capacity and this will result in CleoRAM having 2 or 4 SRAM chips instead of 1 or 2.
Wealth, like happiness, is never attained directly. It comes as a by-product of providing a useful service. -Harland D. Sanders
eslapion

Post by eslapion »

The issue is now resolved. CleoRAM has been tested with GEOS on the C128 and the latest config files.

It's nice to have 2 RAM 1581 drives.
Wealth, like happiness, is never attained directly. It comes as a by-product of providing a useful service. -Harland D. Sanders
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic