PLAnkton EV and no text

Got an issue?
Topcat22

PLAnkton EV and no text

Post by Topcat22 »

Hey,
I have an SX-64 (251102 RevA) which has a failed PLA (906114-01). I ordered a Plankton EV to replace the failed PLA. Unfortunately I’ve run into a problem. When I install the Plankton EV into the SX-64 the system boots with a blank bordered display but no text. So I tried the Plankton EV in another working C64 (250407 RevA) but with the same result, a blank bordered display with no text (just the same as on the SX-64). See attached screenshot.

I have tried another working PLA (N82S100N) in both the C64 and SX-64 and they both startup and work fine.

Maybe an issue with the Plankton EV so I returned it to the store but they have tested it and said that it seems to be working ok for them.

I’m not sure what is causing the issue. Any advice would be really helpful.

Chris

Screen shot is here https://share.icloud.com/photos/0c4TM3K ... BT-AgqK-vQ

Topcat22

Re: PLAnkton EV and no text

Post by Topcat22 »

Anyone think the non-EV PLAnkton would give a different result?
eslapion

Post by eslapion »

No matter how much care I take when building/testing/shipping the products I make, they can always be damaged during shipping or by static electricity during handling.

More than likely something like that happened to your unit but everything I sell is covered by a 3 year warranty. All I need is proof of purchase and a new unit will be sent to you. Please leave me a PM so a replacement unit can be sent to you quickly.
Wealth, like happiness, is never attained directly. It comes as a by-product of providing a useful service. -Harland D. Sanders
eslapion

Post by eslapion »

PM received and replied. I await your information to ship a replacement.
Wealth, like happiness, is never attained directly. It comes as a by-product of providing a useful service. -Harland D. Sanders
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic