Drunk driving charges dropped after auto-brewery syndrome defence

Non related nonsense and ramblings
eslapion

Drunk driving charges dropped after auto-brewery syndrome defence

Post by eslapion »

Well, that's gotta be one of the weirdest natural phenomenon I have ever heard of but this is no lame excuse, it does exist.
"At the end of the day, she had a blood-alcohol content of .36 without drinking any alcoholic beverages," Marusak said. He said the woman also bought a Breathalyzer and blew into it every night for 18 days, registering around .20 every time.
I can only imagine how a person's life would suck if affected by this condition... you're just drunk all the time even if you don't drink any booze at all!

http://www.cbc.ca/news/health/auto-brew ... -1.3386322

Wealth, like happiness, is never attained directly. It comes as a by-product of providing a useful service. -Harland D. Sanders
dudz

Re: Drunk driving charges dropped after auto-brewery syndrome defence

Post by dudz »

"Breathalyzer test showed her blood-alcohol content to be 0.33 per cent." that smells like bullshit, at that level most people are not able to walk straight, or even drive a car. -> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blood_alc ... ol_content
I can only imagine how a person's life would suck if affected by this condition... you're just drunk all the time even if you don't drink any booze at all!
the treatment is relatively easy, so no problem there.
eslapion

Post by eslapion »

@dudz
I suppose continuous exposure would probably cause some sort of tolerance to develop, just like with alcoholics.
While people in cases described by Cordell sought help because they felt drunk and didn't know why, Marusak said that's not true of his client. "She had no idea she had this condition. Never felt tipsy. Nothing," he said.
As for the treatment - undergoing a low carb diet - isn't that likely to make you lose a lot of weight in the long run?

At the same time, continuous exposure to high blood levels of alcohol must be seriously damaging to the liver.
Wealth, like happiness, is never attained directly. It comes as a by-product of providing a useful service. -Harland D. Sanders
merman

Post by merman »

There should be no safe level - don't drink (or do drugs) and drive.
eslapion

Post by eslapion »

merman wrote:There should be no safe level - don't drink (or do drugs) and drive.
I'm not the one to argue with that.

This thread, however is about the rather surprising tale of a person who was intoxicated even when not drinking or doing drugs at all with scientific methods to prove it.

That must really suck.
dudz

Post by dudz »

As for the treatment - undergoing a low carb diet
no. antibiotics for two or three weeks, then its gone forever
"He said the woman also bought a Breathalyzer and blew into it every night for 18 days, registering around .20 every time." vs ""She had no idea she had this condition. Never felt tipsy. Nothing," he said."
more bullshit there.
eslapion

Post by eslapion »

dudz wrote:
As for the treatment - undergoing a low carb diet
no. antibiotics for two or three weeks, then its gone forever
"He said the woman also bought a Breathalyzer and blew into it every night for 18 days, registering around .20 every time." vs ""She had no idea she had this condition. Never felt tipsy. Nothing," he said."
more bullshit there.
Ha... so you're a scientist and you have detailed specific information that positively allows you to contradict what was posted in this CBC News article, right?

:lol:
eslapion

Post by eslapion »

... as I thought...
dudz

Post by dudz »

no, i can actually use the internet and read proper articles about the subject. can you?
eslapion

Post by eslapion »

dudz wrote:no, i can actually use the internet and read proper articles about the subject. can you?
Ha the internet... isn't that where they tell you the Apollo moon landings were faked, where they tell you that vaccination causes autism, that John F. Kennedy and Marilyn Monroe are still alive and area 51 is filled with alien spacecrafts ?

MOTHER!!!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic